Keep Or Remove them

• Keep Running Boards

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Remove Them

Votes: 12 57.1%

Running Boards Off or ON?

12K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  zaairman 
#1 ·
Tryin to decide whether or not to take off my running boards. I have 305/55R20 trail grapplers on 20x10 moto metals and my running boards hold alot of mud when it rains. I want to take them off, but i feel like they may be saving my paint from rocks. What do you guys think? The ones that deleted them from the truck notice any difference?

#2 ·
Took them off my Excursion and put on Amp Power Steps....Love them

#3 ·
IMO every truck that I've seen without them looks better. I had none on my 06 and now I'm rockin AMPs on the 2011. They're awesome and anyone who sees them thinks they're the coolest mod too :D

And as far as rock chips, I personally don't feel like I have any more or less, and that's while running 35" Nitto Terra's.

#4 ·
The plastic running boards or the nice stainless/chrome tubes?

Plastic = off
Metal = keep

#6 ·
Love my steps... Doors stay clean and few if any rock chips in 220k.

#8 ·
My truck is very similiar to this one, I hope he doesn't mind me posting a pic of his truck, it is One2nine's beauty. Where is truck is black, mine is forest green along with chrome wheels instead of black and polished like his. Change those two things and it will look like his. Sorry guys i dont have the camera to take pics of mine

Attachments

#9 ·
I'm debating on the running boards as well. Would love to do some power steps but am holding back for two reasons. A) can't justify the money on running boards at the moment when something more beneficial like traction bars could be bought, B) I'm curious to how they hold up to winter weather and exposure to salt/cinders over the snowy months.

#11 ·
Keep the steps if you don't have amp retractable steps. Otherwise, everyone is going to bitch to you about how hard it is to get in your truck. LOL

Just take them off and see how you like getting in and out. Personally it is a lot harder to get in my buddies leveled truck without steps then it is getting into my truck with 12" of lift and steps... LOL

#14 ·
If they are the same steps One2Nine I say keep em. They look good on that truck and help balance out the chrome. Looks similar to my dad's 07, and his truck looks good with the chrome steps. I prefer the all black look obviously, but actually like the look of some chrome on Fords.

#15 ·
Leave the steps. They'll also save your seats from being torn up from getting in and out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.