Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Puking

817 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  06f3506.0 
#1 ·
Ok well I had our gooseneck with skidsteer and concrete forms on yesterday and going up a steep hill my truck puked once. I got home and didn't look like the heads were leaking one bit I drove it over 200 miles last night and didn't didnt one more time you think my hgs are blown or it just got hot and Boiled over?

#2 ·
What do you mean puked once?? What exactly did the truck do? It could be a clogged egr cooler, head gaskets, or maybe a bad degas cap. Is there any white residue on the top of the engine by the reservoir??

I doubt you could tell with the naked eye if your head gaskets are blown.

#3 ·
There is white residue around degas bottle and you can see where it ran down my degas bottle. There's no smoke, it still builds boost fine and the only smoke is black smoke and it's very little only at take off cause it's straight piped

#4 ·
Could be all the things i listed. Good luck!!

#6 ·
degas bottle could have been a little overfilled and with pulling heavy weight up hill with extended periods of high egts, you may have just flash boiled some coolant in the heads creating steam (pressure) causing it to puke some. Just lower your cold fill in the degas bottle some, replace the cap and keep an eye on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.