Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

"Off Road" Stainless exhaust?

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Ewilly 
#1 ·
Does anyone make a turbo back, 4 or 5 " stainless steel off-road exhaust for a 2003 6.0? MBRP makes both sizes in aluminized steel, but that would last for about 1 year before rusting off in NY.

#3 ·
It doesn't get too hot for bedliner material? Even the downpipe? Interesting. Still not convinced it would stand up to NY salt though, that stuff is nasty! :lookaround:

#4 ·
idk bout the whole down pipe but the lower bend where it exist the engine compartment. bedliner material was just a idea it may not work. metal cant rust with a coating it will have to wear off the paint first. If you have to have stainless make your own. Its really simple I wont buy something like exhaust for the simple fact I can go to a truck shop or napa buy the pipe I want and go from there.

#10 ·
What he said^^^^

I bought 409 and it looks like crap. Ive heard 409 has a higher iron content than the aluminized. My 409 had a coat of surface rust in the first 3 months Our aluminized on our 04 f450 looks brand new both trucks snow plow and my truck doesn't salt, the f450 does and it looks great and was wayyyy cheaper. Btw I'm in Ohio, salt is rough here too

#11 ·
Thanks for the input guys, I somehow overlooked that stainless MBRP :doh:

The price of the SS - holy crap. I think I might just try aluminized with high temp paint - can't see myself spending over a grand for an exhaust system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.