Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

PIAA H3 Replacements

759 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  txpsd 
#1 ·
Okay, I have 2 driving and 2 fog PIAA lights in my front Road Armor bumper, and all but 1 went out this past week. Go figure. Now, those light bulbs are pretty damn pricy from what I have seen on the web. I was wondering if anyone knew of an alternative H3 pure white bulb (5000K) I could run that wouldn't break the bank? I don't turn these lights on vary often, and can't really justify the price tag of the PIAAs at this time.

#4 ·
Just throw some Hella H3 bulbs in there and be done with it. You aren't going to notice that much of a difference, and I actually think the Hellas are brighter. I've run 4 different PIAAs on different vehicles (520, 920, and some of the small projectors) and I've always been very disappointed in the their performance. I've got Hella fog lights in my Fab Fours bumper and they perform great. Plus my Hella 4000s on the front are way brighter than any PIAA I have ever run.

#5 ·
:D I was going to write that. LOL Sorry.

For 5000K color bulbs, the options from what I could find are limited to PIAA. However, (and I will preface that I haven't used any for a decade) there are many different 100w H3 bulbs available. GE & Sylvania-Osram are 2 big players in that market. I don't recall what the color is, but I do recall them being bright, and not at all expensive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.