Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

LED light bar legability

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  spastik monkey 
#1 ·
So I'm curious about the LED light bars. There are the ones that can be used as break lights, turn signals, driving lights, and backup lights. Does that mean I can fully black out my tail lights? Any help is appreciated. And oh I'm from Oklahoma

#2 ·
I'm from the Pauls Valley area down here in OK. I have the Recon scanning amber lightbar as well as the big rig running lights. ( I wouldn't recommend them, they're not tough enough for goofy passengers who kick them every time they get out of the truck, the driver's side looks perfect. ) But the police around here haven't said a word about them and I've been stopped with them before. I'm not sure about the legality of combining them with blacked out tails though.

#4 ·
There are laws about how far the lights are supposed to be visible from, not that they have to be "Stock" lights. If they meet the requirements of visibility from 500' or what ever OK law states, I guess you'd be fine. (Or at least have an argument if you get a ticket!)

#5 ·
If you're talking about one of the light bars that mount under the tailgate/above the bumper . . . in the cases I'm familiar with, yes they count as a rear brake/tail/signal/reverse light system. On a mini truck site I frequent, they fill in the tails and just run a light bar between the tailgate/rollpan or LED strips in the rollpan, so I think it would be fine. Expect to be hassled by the police though . . .

#6 ·
Yea those are the lights, I've seen alot of things about them on mini truck sites, not a member just brousing lol but some were saying you have to be able to see the tail lights from the side of the vehicle :confused: I can't find any laws about it for OK thou :doh: but then again we don't have smog tests so we might be leniant on everything LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.