Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

cant deside, need lifting help

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  bwillis2003 
#1 ·
hey guys

so in the next month, i have to figure out what im doing with the front suspension and order tires.

what im wanting is to lift the whole dam truck:blah: 4" preferably all springs so i can still tow and have fun and trac bars in the rear. but i dont have the almost 2K to do it with.

what i need... get the front of the truck off the bump stops. yes, i have around 1" clearance between the bump stops... my front springs are hammered. past flat and are curved the wrong way :doh:

can someone get me set up with a good leveling kit or at least new front springs.. easy on the wallet so i can get decent tires for winter and to replace my Transforce AT's with 2/32 tread.

thanks for any help you can give, im not quite up to par with suspension components and i dont think that 400$ a spring for stock ones seems quite right... or am i wrong?

-Rob

#2 ·
also.

if i were to do just new leaf springs, Leaf Spring

would that work good enough? or would i have to do the trac bar relocation and adj trac bar and all that stuff?

#3 ·
Im in the same boat you are, my driver side spring has almost 2 inches of sag compared to the passenger side. The cheapest replacement leveling spring pack it is rough country followed buy procomp then the most expensive I have found is bds. The Rough country goes for 450ish procomp around 600 and bds around 900. These numbers arent exact just something to go off of.

The bds seems a bit much considering for another 300 hundred you can get the 4 inch kit. If I were to get cheap kit Id get the rough country being I dont see any higher quality from procomp for the money.

#5 ·
im doin a bunch of research on lifting my truck now since i have ethe same problem my passenger side front spring is shot but rough country has a 2.5 leveling kit and its only like 450 bucks but that doesnt helpp the rear they also have a 4in lift thats a good price. i personally would go with a lift but small that way you dont loose functionability of your truck

#6 ·
Get some deaver springs..not that pro crap..i had those same springs on my last truck..waste of money. Save youre money and get a good lift. If you are short money, get a leveling kit with GOOD shocks and springs. Bilstein 5100s and some Icon, Carli, etc springs..

#7 ·
yeah, i know there not the best. but im just needing something to get me though the winter then by then with all the overtime from plowing ill be able to afford the complete lift.

looking at around 1100 for. 4 new tires with the fixings. so if i can get away with swapping springs and not having problems, that'd be grate.

#8 ·
k how about, put a f350 block in the back, put OEM Ford front springs (many members buy their trucks and immediately put lifts on, which means they have their OEM springs left over and brand new)..and then put a leveling kit for the front, with new longer shocks from topguncustomz.com (Bilstein 5100) and call it a day!

$500 at most.

#9 ·
yeah. My front springs are junk. That place has the procomp 2inch... wich should b the same height as new springs I would think. That and shipping was cheep if I remember.

Still tho.. would I need the trac bar with the "leveling" springs. Oh and I have few month old gasmagnum shocks in all corners. Same as the 5100s

#10 ·
If your doing just a 4" lift and you want the best ride quality then its a Icon hanger kit with stock Ford V code fronts..rears either a taller block, Deaver rear mini spring kit or 5" Icons.

Pm me if I can help or get you prices

#11 ·
Crap you have a 7.3 :doh:..I just noticed..ya ignore wut i said lol..and ya I did buy 4 inch procomp springs for myh 03 7.3 and ya they suck. Buuutttt much cheaper than Deavers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.