Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Fitting 37" tires on a 3" Icon hanger system (2002)

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Al Mighty 
#1 ·
I'm on my second powerstroke now, my old truck had 35" grapplers on the Donahoe Racing (now Icon) 4.5" hanger system. It was the tallest I ever wanted my truck and I thought it was too tall, so I want to see if there was a way to fit 37" tires on the 3" hanger system for the leaf sprung superduty (99-04).

Just to clarify, I'm planning on getting the 3" hanger system, bushwacker fender cutouts, cut the front bumper and already have rims with 4.5" backspacing, maybe a .25" spacer to keep from rubbing the rim. I wouldn't be worried if it was a street queen, but she will be going offroad and I dont want to rip my fenders off.

Just wondering if anyone would know if the combination would work, searched for a few hours but most topics now are with the coilover suspension.

PS, anyone know if the ARB safari snorkel fits on a fender with bushwacker cutouts?

#2 ·
4.5" is the lowest I've ever seen a superduty with 37's...I had 36" Iroks on 20x10 eagle 064's with a 2.5" leveling kit on my old 99....it rubbed quite a bit though lol

Chad

#3 ·
The best person to contact would be Tanks250 about this... His truck is an '05 I believe with 4.5" lift, Bushwacker cut outs, and 41" tires. Looks mean as heck! I wouldn't see why you couldn't fit 37" tires with a 3" lift and cutouts. Best of luck to you!

#6 ·
It will clear with just the cut outs. It will need the additional spring and better shocks to controll the weight of the tire. Plus it will look funny with the rake of the stock setup. SO either add a leaf or X codes or even a replacement spring pack leveling kit.

#7 ·
The truck has a pretty extreme rake on it, that's why I was going to try the 3". I think my other 02 F350 didn't even need a lift in the back when I put the DR 4.5" on (but that was 7 years ago).

Attachments

#8 ·
Looks like a pretty clean truck, don't know if I would go hacking away at the fenders. If your other truck was "too tall", with a 4.5" and 35's, you might want to reconsider your options, because a 3" and 37's should sit at about the same height, maybe taller. I've got a ProComp leveling kit (complete front springs), and a f350 rear block on 33's and it sits about as tall as my buddies with a 4" on 33's. His 33's on stock wheels rub also, so I'm thinking a 3.5" leveling kit, and the proper spec'd wheels you could get the 37's to fit without cutting it up. There's a guy on PSA with a leveling kit I believe and 37's and minimal trimming, I'll try to get a pic and info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.