Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

That dyno's gota be broke!

2K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  pa-powerstroke 
#1 ·
Buddy dyno'd his F250 yesterday, 6.0 with egr delete, 4" downpipe into 5" exhaust, sct with custom performance tune, blue spring, other little odds and ends. I was at work so he brings me the print out they gave him later in the day and peak hp was 303, and peak torque was 4,113!!! What the hell?!? This has gota be wrong

#3 ·
Is that a rhetorical question, or are you seriously asking if you think that's right? I think a stock 6.0 puts down around 250-270 rwhp... so the HP doesn't even really sound right...

#4 ·
Depending on the tunes, he should be well north of 350, max about 430.

#5 ·
sounds like he had too many torque stickers and too few horse power stickers.... we will need photos to determine which is which.

#9 ·
:gun:

#11 ·
did the place where you did the pulls at least give the money you paid back for it? since their sh&t is SCREWED UP!? if my modified 7.3 puts down 300....your 6.0 should be WAY HIGHER!

Chad

#12 ·
did they dyno it in second gear? those are a little off...lol

#14 ·
That happens if the dyno isn't reading the engine RPM's correctly. In Syracuse at the king of trucks this past year the same thing kept happening. I'd be asking for a refund or a free dyno session.

#15 ·
Are you from the area?

I was just thinking about this yesterday too, the HP is only a function of tq, all based off of RPM.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.