Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

D-gas bottle trick...

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  billc 
#1 ·
i did the test with a rubber stopper and hose to a bottle of water.....reach in and started the truck and it blew water damn near out the top...lol.....sooo...iam guessin its time for HG's again. Has anyone else tried it yet?

#4 ·
there was a thread on here that linked to a video of a guy showing how to test for EGR and HG's.....but i cant find that thread.You take the cap off the D'gas bottle...plug it with a rubber stopper with a 1/4 hose through the center leading into a jug of water....then something about how much bubbles comes out of the hose...bah bah...when i did it....it damn near shot the water of the jug...i guess when the HG's and EGR start to fail...it pressurizes the cooling system.

#9 ·
............soooooo I assume this test can still be done if your EGR is already deleted??? I would think that there would still be pressure i.e. bubbles coming out even if you had good head gaskets??? I want to do this and see what I get if for no other reason than to do it.

#10 ·
i dont know......my has the EGR delete and studs from ARP. I was driving one day ( it was real hot that day) and when i stopped...i noticed coolant coming out...now that its not hot anymore......it dosent seem to be losing or pushing coolant out. Now i have this deal when first thing in the morning...when i turn the heater on.....it takes a bit of driving before the heat comes through..temp is staying normal...sooo...i dont have a clue now..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.