Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Airbag install on 11

3K views 28 replies 7 participants last post by  buck russell 
#1 ·
Bout ready to start drilling holes to mount bags and when I set the bottom bracket down on leaf pack the front side of the top bracket sits very much lower than rear. Is it ok to cock the back some to get the top bracket mounted straight or need to shim up the front side until the top bracket gets level? Only mod done to rear suspension is switch to 350 rear blocks. Also mine does not have the overloads... I can get some pics but on phone right now... If y'all have any pics of how you had to shim be appreciated as well!

#2 ·
when I did mine on my 06 installed and noticed the same so I angled the top brackets a tad to compensate and it has been fine I was afraid to stress the bag with an off angle install myself

Attachments

#3 ·
Thanks for the pic! Just did some googling and found out they sent me the wrong dan kit... Sent me a 2071 and the 11 mounts way different and uses 2535 p/n to mount on top the axle tube and mounts where the factory bump stop is... So now gotta try return and sit round wait for right one....

#5 ·
They are firestone ride rite.... I mean I guess I can use it but I'll have to drill 8 holes in frame... And use one of the 1" shims plus some on front side mount and small shim on rear side to get the mounts high enough on the frame to drill holes...?

#6 ·
IDK they usually sell the axle mounts and frame mounts for different applications like fifth wheel and excursions ETC

I had to drill all mine but I don't have the same year and My post be a waste of your time

but when i did mine I did see some no drill versions.. but I bought mine used and they were ride rite however check the AirLift site to see what they have ..

#7 ·
Well the kit they sent me was for your year 99-08 so if you did have to drill holes might help... Did you have to stagger the shims to get mounting position for top bracket correct? I might see if welding shop will cut me a piece of solid square tubing 1.5" and notch bolt holes through it to get the front up enough and use the small one for rear if the spring mount IS more effective than axle mount....

#9 ·
Lol I texted ya earlier Jesse! Sent me a 2071 the kit for 11 is 2535 I looked it up earlier...

#10 ·
I used a set like pictured from Zmann off of an earlier superduty, drill 4 holes on each side and called it good.

I saw one of the new kits installed and it looked too busy, it may be better I'm not saying it is or is not but it looked an awful lot like the ones I had on the Excursion and the older superduty kit is just simple and works.

#12 ·
I was looking to order the 2071 kit today. Firestone's Application Guide lists the 2071 for Diesels without an inbed hitch. The 2535 is for trucks with an inbed hitch. I wanted the outboard mounting since I have a 5" block in the rear and I don't think the factory brackets will be tall enough. I am also concerned about the exhaust clearance when I delete everything.

#13 ·
Wasgas can you post any pics of your instal? And did you have to shim it weird foe the top bracket to mount straight?

#18 ·
So you sat the bottom bracket down on the spring pack, and the top beaker wasn't really low on the front side? Or did you cock the top bracket back some to get it to line up straight? I called firestone and told them I'd have to either shim it up 1.5" in front or cock the top bracket some and they said be better to shim than adjust top...?

#19 ·
I installed The firestone air rides . After I got the bags installed I loaded my 2 ton RV and Hit the road. Then I noticed the passenger side was not centered and the Bag was squashing at an angle.I was able to get it centered and locked down again.Took a couple of hrs. at the most.

When hauling 2tons, I air the bags to 70psi and the 20" rears to 70lbs as well.

#22 ·
Well I called firestone and asked them about mounting the top brackets crooked or cocking them to straighten and they said need to get it as straight as possible and have 5.5-6.5" space between the inside to inside of each bracket also it's better to shim bottom to get top straight than mount twisted for even applied pressure...

I was going to have to haul a trailer the next day, I'm very impatient when it comes to mods.... I shimmed it, mocked it up, drilled the holes, and mounted that mofo! Lol (the 2071) shims are funny looking on bottom but the tire blocks really seeing it and man then things work great.. Takes bumps way better while towing, handles better, and it's cool as hell to be towing w out squatting! Lol I'm about to be pulling 18k across the mountains in WV today so we see how it handles that!

#25 ·
Ok I'm traveling right now I'll try to get some up right away... What you mean management? It's got an air compressor, ecu, manifold, air actuated valves, air psi senders for each bag, wireless remote. The remote tells you how much pressure is in each bag and you air them up & down with it...

#26 ·
Management is the system which controls the air ride.

I was just curious what compressor, valves, gauge, controller was included in the kit.

just a glimpse of what I look at every day...

my day job is selling air ride for import cars.

#27 ·
Lol so u wanting to build your own then? I can get some specs if ya want

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.