Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Edge Insight CTS or Scangauge II?

4K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Raul@stealth-automotive 
#1 ·
I'm looking for basic monitoring of my truck and to also be able to read codes. Do these both have that ability? Does one have more capabilities?

#3 ·
I've found the Scangauge II to be a very useful. With the programmable X gauges you have alot of options. Drawback is that you can only monitor 4 gauges at one time. Not sure about the Edge.

#6 ·
i say edge insight...hands down. I have the CS and love it. It's a little more money, but it looks way better than the scan gauge and can do nearly everything the scan gauge can. The scan gauge is cheaper because...it looks cheesey and cheap.

#7 ·
I have the scan gauge, works great but no comparison to the CTS. The CTS has a great display, I plan on getting it too and running both.

#11 ·
ScanTool.net LLC - OBD-II Cables - ScanTool.net I have one but it looks like they are back ordered untill oct 7 ?

what you can't do is run to programmers and some things will have conflict but I can use My sct and CTS or CTS and A/E to data log but if you send commands or do a Flash it will confuse the second device

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.