Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Radius Arm Drop Bracket Install

16K views 29 replies 7 participants last post by  gtmustang00 
#1 ·
I thought these were going to be pretty easy to install. I've got the truck in the air, rear bolt out, front 2 bolts loosened up. Radius arm where it meets the frame won't drop all but an inch or 2 out. Am i doing it wrong? I'm only working one side at a time.

#3 ·
Got roughly 4inches of lift. 2 inch bottom spacer, 1.5" top, 7000lb spacers.

#5 ·
Got both down. Now it seems like the 2 holes in the factory bracket don't line up with the ones in the PMF brackets....argh!

#6 ·
There are no instructions, no pictures, no templates to drill new holes nothing.

#10 ·
He has no pictures or templates. Just said i have to drill 2 new holes. Except i don't know where to position the new bracket to mark the holes to drill.

#11 ·
I took pictures of what i'm working with. Maybe i have the bracket installed wrong? It doesn't seem to be sitting flush in the "pocket". One of the holes in the factory bracket is half lined up with the PMF bracket.

#13 ·
So then the way i have it in this picture is in correct?

#15 ·
I didn't think it would be this hard! These are for stock arms also. The bolt holes don't line up as you can see in the picture. Unless i have the bracket totally wrong? Not sure as there were no instructions or pictures or templates if i have to drill holes.

Bolt the brackets up, attach the radius arms, put the shocks/springs back in place and done right? I haven't even touched the PMF sway bar drop bracket yet.

Quality of the actual pieces are awesome, just these bolt holes on the sway bar bracket don't line up.

#18 ·
why did u have to pull the springs and shocks? I didn't install my drops ( on when I bought it) but I didn't think it would require all of that work

and drilling no thanks
your better of drilling the PMF part to fit the OEM

#20 ·
why did u have to pull the springs and shocks? I didn't install my drops bu I didn't think it would require all of that work
I tried just prying the arms out but it was much easier to get the axle lower and they dropped right out.

#19 ·
He has a bunch of items not on his site. I called bout the top coil spring spacers, and i asked him what else i would need. He said the radius arm drop bracket and sway bar drop bracket.

The coil spring spacers went on real easy!

#23 ·
I have the Icon one. I'll list my set up.
Icon dual stabilizer kit
Icon adjustable track bar
Bds bottom spacer leveling kit w/ cams (2")
7000lb Ford coil springs
PMF 1.5" Top coil spring spacer.

PMF Swaybar drop bracket (haven't gotten to install it)
PMF Radius arm drop brackets (current nightmare/mishap/confusion)

#25 ·
Are the 2008 holes and up in different locations?

The holes not lining up are the only issues.

I talked to Trevor again. The holes are the issue and I think his template is off a 08 truck.

#26 ·
I spoke to Readylift and they told me the holes are the same from 2005-2011. Hmmm hoping the holes were just drilled wrong and Trever will correct this for me.

#29 ·
I did, the bolt holes do not line up. I believe he is re-measuring and he will let me know from there. We are figuring this out.

#30 ·
Trevor made new brackets for me at no charge. It was a long wait but they are in. The holes were a lot closer this time. I had to massage them a little bit but they are now installed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.