Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

CCV Reroute...Finally!

18K views 48 replies 23 participants last post by  KB3MMX 
#1 ·
I finally decided to get around to this, so my buddy Josh and myself tackled it today in the Advanced Auto Parts parking lot. It wasn't bad at all once we decided the best way to route it. I went with 1" ID heater hose, so a 90* simply wasn't going to work. We decided to take it across to the drivers side and send it down under the degas bottle. Everything worked great once we had everything we needed in hand. The only problem we ran in to was figuring out what to use to cap off the factory CCV inlet on the intake tube. I wasn't fond of plugging the hole up, just didn't think it would be a good idea. Thanks to the help of a trusty Lowes employee, we located some "rubber chair tips". Pure perfection! It was almost as if they were made specifically for this project. LOL

Pictures of everything, including the parts:

Rubber chair tip

1" heater hose

90* for the dump to atmosphere

Trusty clamps

Best invention known to man

And the 1" heater hose

That should be everything (other than zip ties). If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. Nothing to it really. If all the parts are on hand, this could easily be done in less than 20 minutes.

See less See more
#4 ·
I want to do this too, it must give you a peace of mind...Props on the chair tips thats hilarious,hey it works

#7 ·
Yea. That was a huge relief because we were running out of options, and I did not want to plug it.

Wana do this to my truck.. gona right this down and go shopping this weekend. Looks clean.. Great job.
Go for it man. If you have everything you need on hand, it's such an easy job.

#5 ·
Wana do this to my truck.. gona right this down and go shopping this weekend. Looks clean.. Great job.

#8 ·
i routed mine with 1" braided nylon for pool pumps to the inside passenger framerail about to the end of the cab... used to have it where you do Jeff but if you have your A/C on outside air when you come to a stop the vent will pull those nice oil fumes in your cab, same thing happened when I had it run in front of the radiator... I also used a vent breather for a gas motor to keep it from dripping oil out... hopefully yours works better than mine did, just couldn't stand the oil fumes anymore. Only bummer with mine is when the sun is hitting that side of the truck at a stop looks like something's on fire underneath :doh:

#49 ·
CCV Reroute...total disaster

Similar experience here......:( we hooked it back up to the intake because it was annoying and turned out to not have any performance benefit.

#12 ·
I did the same thing 2 months ago and it's been great. Only thing I did different was I got two 1" ID brass elbows and mated them together and made that come right off the vent itself. It now faces the pass side so routing the heater hose is nice and hidden and it comes out behind the pass side fog light. Can't even see the hose in the engine bay with the hood open.

#18 ·
Ok, got it figured out.

You can see here where I zip tied it to a wiring harness on the pass side frame rail and to one of the tranny lines to keep it away from the alternator

Hard to see, but this is where it vents on the outside of the pass side frame rail.

#26 ·
Jeff, do you have any negative effects from dumping to the atmosphere? Residue on ground or under vehicle, oil smell in cab?

#28 ·
Yea mine smells pretty bad. Believe it or not it kinda smells like rotten onions almost lol. Definitely a weird odor.

#29 ·
Ill deal with the smell and save my engine eliminating that crankcase pressure.

#30 ·
About time Jeff! Haha. Looks really clean man! I still need to do mine but haven't gotten around to it

#33 ·
Its old, but I am checking it out! Funny thing. I pulled the cold air tube off to paint it...it was pretty clean. Barely any oil build up? Is that normal? My guess is its all on the hot tube side. But I see alot of threads talking about the oil on the cold air tube. Looking to do this mod.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.