Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

AIC Mounting Bracket

5K views 23 replies 5 participants last post by  Lifted94XLT 
#1 ·
Are/Were there different mounting brackets offered for the AIC for an auto and manual trans?? I bought an AIC from a member on here, and when I went to install it, the bracket throws the AIC right into the middle of the shifter, in other words, I won't mount up.... its there a different bracket for the manual trucks? help... and thanks.

--Ryan

#4 ·
To be honest, I might be wrong. I believe all the brackets were for manual trucks. Sinister diesel back when it used to be ITP had some custom brackets made to fit better on autos. You probably have one of his. If you do, you should be able to sell it because they are no longer made. I'm not sure if Ford sells them separately. Check on Ebay, search for AIC bracket or Ford AIC.

#9 ·
Sorry it took so long man. I'm truly sorry to leave ya hanging.... just been hectic around the house, but here ya go... Like I said, I dunno what it is, but it def pushes the AIC towards the driver a LOT.

--Ryan

#13 ·
Mine was a 90° bracket that came out of an E350, I flipped it & screwed it under the dash.

Those were for the Vans (as you know) and I beleive they are also the ones used for the OBS's

pretty sure you'd have to get REALLY creative to make it work in an SD, i used to have that bracket and I couldnt find a good way to make it work

#14 ·
Does anybody happen to have any sort of a part number for the the manual trans bracket for the AIC?? I like goin into the parts counter with part numbers as opposed to having to explain three time what I'm looking for. haha

--Ryan

#20 ·
I'll have to get a picture of mine set up into place then, b/c there's NO Way that even with a bad trans mount, it would fit. The shifter is dang near centered in the AIC... I'm outta town this weekend, but whe, I get home, I'll snap a pic and throw it up here.

--Ryan

#22 ·
I have not yet, I got busy with a motor swap in my 4Runner, and right now I'm in the middle of doing the house buying thing. I have not forgotten about this though as everytime I hook up a tow I wish I had the box hooked up for high idle... I'm thinkin of just selling my auto trans bracket and getting the factory bracket that will work with my 6spd off of a truck at work that its AIC is no longer in operation.

--Ryan

#23 ·
I'll try to remember to get a picture of the bracket I made for mine. It sets it near where the auto trans bracket puts it, but further to the side out of the way of the shifter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.