Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

12 valve P pump conversion

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  PPE'dPowerStroke 
#1 ·
I'm returning my 6.0 to semi stock for the reliability of a DD. I've thus moved on to dropping a 12 valve into my 1997 Ford F-150 Ext cab 2wd. I thought about a 7.3 but this will be my first to do a conversion like this so I think the less electronics the better, plus the 7.3 might be too heavy. I'm goin to use a Ford C6 trans and a 460 intercooler. I'm wanting to eventually turn it into a full out drag truck, injectors turbo bigger pump head work and studs nitrous and a built tranny. But for now I'm just going to get it into the truck. Any tips or advice would be great. Which would be better water meth or nitrous? can both be ran? Still inlove with my 6.0 just dont want to beat her up anymore

#2 ·
Anyone know of some good injector turbo combos to go with?

#3 ·
Do some research on Cummins Forum or CompD. There are a lot of guys that have done swaps like this... On to your question about injector/turbo combos, How much money do you have? A good starter set up would be 5x.012 or 5.014 with a 62mm charger. That will get you 500+ hp and be fun as heck to drive.

-French

#4 ·
Money is sort of a problem, I set up budgets on each of the parts I wana upgrade. I'll do some price checking on the sticks and turbo to see if those are within my range

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.