Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Changing front clip on '00 CC PSD??

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  tonka350 
#1 ·
I have a 2000 CC powerstroke that I was wanting to update the front end. I wasnt to sure if I can go to the 08 style and didnt have much luck finding info on it.
So, is this possible?:fordoval:

#3 ·
yes it's possible and YES it's expensive as hell if you do it right!

you're going to need
fenders
hood( cowl if you like )
grille
grille supports( left and right )
bumper
bumper valance
headlights
pigtail harness( conversion ) unless you go to HID's
08 wiper cowl
08 wiper motor
custom bracketry
it takes alot of work!

Chad

#4 ·
I would have never imagined when I owned my 08 that anyone would ever consider this given all the negative comments in regards to their looks. I favor the 08-10 front ends a lot myself though. I say go for it, sure beats the additional 30k it takes to upgrade into one.

#5 ·
I love the look of the 08's...had I wanted another truck payment I definitely would have gotten the 08, but I have too much money wrapped in my truck! it cost me a little over the cost of 3 truck payments total...to convert mine to 08....and when the DP photographers were asking questions at Rudys they thought it was awesome, it's always turning heads wherever I go and people are always asking questions.

Chad

#6 ·
Awesome!!! I just picked up the truck this last week, and I guess that I will start buying parts here and there to do this conversion!

I did search, but I didnt find the links.

Thank you all for the HELP! I cant wait

#8 ·
if you're still set on the 08 conversion, you can get 99% of the parts from carpartswholesale.com...I picked up everything from them for cheap as hell. Idk where you're located but I still have my stock 08 hood I'd let go cheap as hell as well....you can get a billet grille like mine for about 200 bucks off ebay, otherwise I've got a buddy in the same local area as me with a chrome lariat grille for sale...you would just need to hit up a few websites for the bumper( which he has a paintable one for sale as well ) and your fender vents....

pm me if you're interested in my hood and his grille and bumpers.

Chad

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.