Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

i might buy a PMF traction block set up. should I? what size block should i get

5K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  TxFireman1972 
#1 ·
with a 4 inch zone lift kit and a 1.5 spacer in the front i'm at

44 1/2 in the front
And 43 1/2 in the rear...
my old block was 3.5 i think and the zone block is 5 inch

how tall of a block should i get made by PMF? 6.5? can any one tell me how they like or dislike there PMF Fabricated Unitized Floating Traction Block? or a product that is like it? thanks

Fabricated Unitized Floating Traction Block - Precision Metal Fab

what do most think is a good stance for these trucks? dead even? inch tall in the back? 1/2 inch?

here is a curent pic of the truck

See less See more
#2 ·
I have a set on my truck and love them.. Have the 4in lift with a 4.5in block. Gives the truck a leveled look.

#3 ·
The rear end being up a little higher than the front looks pretty good, in my opinion. You get that back end down a little bit lower than the front and it just looks like the truck's saggin in the back, then you hook an empty trailer to it and it looks like it's being "owned" by that empty trailer.

#6 ·
Park on level ground. Measure the distance from the ground to the top of the wheel lip. Record that number. Use a jack and lift at the trailer hitch until the desired stance is acheived. measure at the same location as before, and record that number. Subract the first number from the second number. Remember that number. Measure the block installed, and add the difference from the above process. That is the size block you need.

I use OUO bars, which offered a traction block design before PMF. I have previously had floating traction bars and had issues. 3/4" rod-end threads are not adequate to handle the tension forces put on them (3/4" is outer diameter of the threads, the actual shaft size is closer to 1/2")

#7 ·
yea that sounds like a good way to find what i need for a block. thanks. and what were the issues you had if you don't mind telling us.

worm5932 believe me i know. i have a thread on that too.

07 i did call over there and the guy was real helpful and answered all my questions i had at that point.

#8 ·
I'd go with 6" if I were you. Trevor told me he's found that an inch higher in the back looks more ever. I kinda prefer the squatty look with the front a touch higher, so I got 7" with my 7" lift in the front. Sometimes it looks level, and sometimes it squats just a hair but not too much.

#12 ·
On a side note I've got a question for ya, doesn't the zone kit not include a drop pitman arm? I thought the 4" lift is pretty much the max you can go without one, since all the 6" kits have one. So how does it ride with that additional 1.5" spacer?

#13 ·
it rides and drives fine to me so far. what would this affect? the steering? what should i look for to know if it is to small? maybe i should buy one? i know my steering wheel was off center right after i did the lift. i thought that was normal? it should be fixed with an alignment after my new wheels and tires get hear.

i did order 6 1/2 inch block with the bars from PMF so it looks like this lift in the front is here to stay

#14 ·
I always prefer my truck 1" higher in the rear. To me, it looks level that way. With it even all the way around, it looks to me like its squatting. Make sure you post some pictures when you get them in and when you get them installed. They are VERY nice bars for sure. You'll be very happy with them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.