Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

285,000 miles should i put a chip in?

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  wubben53 
#1 ·
i have an 04 with 285,000 miles on it and its basically stock. i have a 4 inch exhaust. and a banks ram air intake. i was thinking about putting a banks six gun tuner with the IQ screen. any thoughs?

#2 ·
Get a real tuner. Call Eric over at innovative and tell him what u have and he can burn u a set of custom tunes.. Much better than the canned tunes and way better than that banks crap.. No offense

#3 ·
I love blowing money too, but i like to be able to use and like the thing that i waste my money on. Do some searching around man, SCT is the way to go on the 6.0's. Banks=Garbage!

#5 ·
Ehhh I respectably disagree.. These engines love tuning. Now i agree if u go run it on extreme race all day ten yes something will break things but an economy tune would indeeed help it i feel

#15 ·
I have to agree with Midnight, if you made it this far being stock, put your money aside and save it. At 285k, something is gonna break at some point, you need to do some research on these boards and others to prepare yourself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.