Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Question on guages

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  nrook 
#1 ·
Ok guys my truck has a boost guage in it from the factory my buddy told me to get one anyway when i get my new guages for my pillar. What's your thoughts? Also just bought a cts so I planned on running it with the guages also. Anyone doing this also?

#4 ·
i was going to run fuel, pyro trans, and boost and monitor everything else with the cts but it almost seems like overkill.

#5 ·
I would get a boost gauge because the one that the truck has or edge is a little off. But that's just me.

#6 ·
Any other input?

#8 ·
The factory boost gauge isnt accurate on my truck however the boost that the PCM calculates/sees IS accurate. I had a mechanical boost guage and it correlated perfectly to what my CTS was reading for boost but both were about 2 psi higher than that little guage on the dash.

Personnally I like the CTS so much I removed all of my gauges and monitor everything with it. You can put in the expandable EGT probe, universal pressure sensors for fuel and oil pressure if desired and universal temperature sensors for trans, diffs, what every you want and the best part is I get to keep my grab handle. I am a tall guy but plan to lift my truck and dont want short people who get up into my truck yanking on the steering wheel or pushing down hard on the door. Now unless you really like the look of gauges, it is cheaper to just expand your CTS to monitor what you want it to. JMO.

#9 · (Edited)
Yea I'm thinking I'm going to do four pillar pod with isspro ev 2's with pyro, boost, fuel, and trans and run the cts for Eot and Ect just not sure what else to monitor with the cts.. Thinking icp.. What do u fellas monitor with the cts

#10 ·
I have 4 on the pillar: Trans temp, boost, egt, and fuel pressure.
4 overhead: coolant temp, oil temp, low oil pressure, high oil pressure
Scanguage: FICM output volts, FICM input, coolant and oil temps.

I like gauges!

#11 ·
That sounds awesome! Got a picture ?

#12 ·
:whs: im in the same boat as the op torn between scangauge and a pod for fuel psi pyro boost tranny or just gettin a cts and doing it all off that also is the cts very bright at night like blinding or can you dim it if you want? lets see pics of your guys setups please...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.