Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

icon 4.5 vs. competitors

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  cshsrh 
#1 ·
hey guys im looking to lower the truck down to a 4" form my 6" but have a couple questions.

from what ive read the icon kit is worth the extra money as far as ride quality goes, how true is that compared to the other kits?

also how is the height of the icon 4.5 compared to others 4" from what ive gathered the icon actually sits pretty tall.

im on a 6" 4 link right now but want to lower it down a bit for 35's but want to keep a smooth ride.

if anyone has pics that would be great.

#3 ·
I run Icon/DR springs and shocks with a PMF 4 link and my truck rides great.

#5 ·
Don't know much on the icon stuff but I hear its good. I just put the 6" x-factor pure performance on my truck and it rides like a luxury car compared to stock. Its really nice.

#7 ·
We sell both Icons and Pures, Pure kits springs are a little softer and come std with 4 link arms..which make a huge difference to the ride quality more than any other componit. Icon 4 link arms are optional. PM me if I can help.

Cary

#10 ·
I dont think the ride quality of this kit could ever justify the price for only being able to put about a 2in taller tire on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.