Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

is it possible to soften ride with a big lift

5K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  Fordmud1 
#1 ·
Hey guys i just lifted my truck about 16" i have it on 46" mitchellen xml military tires. my rear springs are super stiff is there anything that can be done to soften the ride i have two shocks in the rear. Thanks.

#5 ·
Yes there are complete air ride systems available. ride like a caddy. not air bag on spring but complete air ride systems. with or wirthout lift kits.

#6 ·
What brand of lift springs are they? Good quality large lift springs are normally pretty darn expensive since they have to run a large number of leafs to try and flatten them out. Typically the more arch you have to put into a lift spring, the stiffer it will ride and the more prone to sagging it will have. That is why you see Deaver and such run a bunch of leafs. Its odd thinking that a very thick leaf pack can ride better than one with only a few leafs, but many times this is true.

Concerning the dual shocks, what brand are they? Were they valved appropriately knowing that they were going to be run in dual setup? You may have stiffened the ride by running duals.

#11 ·
We put a 8''donahoe racing lift on an 01 f250 cclb. It rode a heck of a lot better with the lift than it did stock. I got to lookin at the difference in springs, the stock springs are thicker than the new lift springs, but the new lift springs came with more leafs. Also only two shocks in the rear, 1 on each side.

#17 ·
sorry I wasn't able to get the pics up bud, but my wireless here REALLY SUCKS!!!....try removing one set of the shocks in the rear and see how it rides, it might honestly just be the shocks.

Chad

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.