Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Picked up a 2000 F550 Rollback

7K views 35 replies 12 participants last post by  juniort444e 
#1 ·
Hello, I wanted to say I sold my last Powerstroke truck last year and have been away for a while. I started my own towing company the beginning part of the year and have been running a International 4300 Rollback and a Chevy 4x4 Wrecker. I started looking for a F550 with a 7.3 and couldn't find on that wasn't destroyed in my area so I opted to go with the international for my rollback. I had the opportunity to sell my 4300 at a steep profit so I took it and started looking and found this sweet little F550 down in Kentucky.
The truck only has 200k miles with a 6 speed trans and a 19' Jer-Dan aluminum bed. I drove my wife's Toyota down and brought it home yesterday. After getting back I took the truck right over to my buddies paint shop where its getting painted Blue Flame Metallic. He started on it as soon as I got there to save any down time. The truck will have a 05-07 Front end, new simulators,quarter fenders,tool boxes,lightbar,all new led lighting and a strobe kit installed on the front and rear. This truck should work out good for me as I dont haul anything super heavy.

Ill post a single pic and then snap some and post as the week passes and parts start to roll in.

See less See more
#4 ·
Looks great!

#10 ·
That paint is sooooo sick...

I want to paint the bottom of my truck that color, like my old 97 was...

Truck looks great man!

#12 ·
love the color. cant wait to see some finished pics. Harley headlights would look awsome. theres an f150 at the dealership thats an FX4 that has the black headlights. it looks great.

#14 ·
truck is lookin good! I cant figure out how to post a new thread but I need some help. Last night my hot wire came loose at the altenator and during the process of me reconecting it I grounded out with a pair of pliers, I cant get the truck to start now.... ideas???

#17 ·
Your gettin new simulators? I have thought several times about getting some since I cant offord rims. But have heard they dent and break easy, My truck spends more time in fields than on a road so I dont know if simulators will hold. What do you think?

And I liked the visor in the first pic, but your not going to keep it?

#19 ·
Well, guys I did a bit more to the truck. The first phase of the front end conversion is installed, the one piece headlights complete with 6k HID's. I installed a Code 3 47" Lightbar and installed vinyl on the rear window. The paint is so fresh that I have to wait a min of 30 days to install any vinyl on the paint so I am just wrapping the tool box faces, front windshield banner, and back window for now.

For performance , I had a TS performance 6 way chip burnt with a hight idle setting for smoother pto operation and am installing a k&n filter today and will be doing exhaust soon.

Bed rails will be polished out today and ill post pics later.

BTW: The headache rack will be painted as well, I just had to install the lightbar to run the truck right now, ill post pics as soon as that phase is done.

#22 ·
Honestly, I've never been a fan of the '05 headlights on a 99-04 truck without the grille and bumper BUT...that looks great even with the old grille and bumper. Awesome work, keep it up! I'd definitely be pumped to have my 250 towed by that truck, that would be a sweet pic opportunity!

#28 ·
Hello, Nope Im keeping the full chrome bumper. I dont like the look of the 05-07 bumper with paint match personally. As far as the rails, no I have a friend and thats all he does is polish. He specializes in show cars and bikes but he was free so I ran it buy and we both tackled it. He did the buffer and I hand polished at the end. Yeah that was fun! LoL.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.