Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Subs in Excursions

3K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  Family XJ 
#1 ·
I am wanting ideas on where to put my subs in my excursion post up where you have yours so I Can get some ideas.

Trey

#2 ·
I've seen them installed in the back doors (10s and 12s), but mine are in the space where the spare tire used to be. Six Kicker 8" solo-baric (sp?) (the square ones) built into a custom box with my amps stacked on top of them. It leaves the rest of your cargo area very open, and they sound great. They won't shake your fillings like 12"ers will, but they definitely hit when you turn them up. Just enough noise for me.

#11 ·
Here's one I built awhile back....

I dont have any finished pics after it was carpeted but it was for 3 Hertz 10's and the factory spare tire cover went on over it so it was completely stealth.

#12 ·
Spare tire would be a great spot or if your not looking for tons of bass then what about in the front center console, either the 99-07 console or better yet an 08+ console.

#17 ·
Ive seen pics of subs in the back hatch doors, do a search. Ive been thinking of mounting on 10 in in the drivers side hatch door, like you Im just looking for a little something since the kid is almost always in it anyway.

#20 ·
So you have no cargo space and you cant really use the third row anymore...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.