Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

rough ride? help

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  SAK 
#1 ·
ok so i got 6 inch lift springs and by seeing em im afraid this thing is going to ride worse than a lumber wagon any options to make it a little more friendly?

#3 ·
2001 f250 ccsb i went with rough country lift springs and rough country 9000 shocks, the truck already had a 6in lift but the front was so raked that i assumed it was only 4 inches in the front, im not startin to ponder if i forgot some other things that i shoulda ordered

#5 ·
anyone got info that actually helps?

#6 ·
Sorry...but there really isn't anything else we can recommend....

Here's the cold hard truth.....you get what you pay for.

People come on truck sites asking "what is the best lift?"....then when they are told...they say..." well...I didn't want to spend that much...what can I get for under $1,500"

...and that right there is the problem..."best" and "cheap" are 2 totally separate things.

Rough country, Superlift, ProComp, etc....which can be purchased for normally under $1,500 are lifts....that's all they do...lift your truck.

OUO, Rize, Icon, etc....which are normally over $3,000(depending on which level you choose)....are suspension systems...

See the difference?.....lift....system....

If you are happy with the way it rides...which some people are perfectly content with RC, SL, and PC lifts...then just be happy....but if you cannot live with the ride quality....save your money up....and buy a suspension system...

....sorry...but that is the best advice I can give...

#7 ·
finally someone to say the cold hard truth, well the lift is what it is, does ouo or anything that has an awesome ride sell there springs and shocks seperate? i have all the drop brackets and whatnot its just a matter of the right shocks and springs now

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.