Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

taking off bed

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  F-250-Owner 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knew the correct size torx to take out the bed bolts on a 01 Super Duty

thanks

Bobby

#2 ·
Plasma cutter or grinder..... they generally wont come out and you will destroy a bunch of bits trying.......

#3 ·
hmmm.....i wanna say it was a 50?.....i cant check tonight and be sure....that will be easy to find, its the only one i have 3 broken ones of.........agree with f250 above...cut em out, save the time...its worth the money for new ones.....

#4 ·
I just bought some nice grade 8s from Fastenal instead of paying the 15 bucks a piece from the stealership

#5 ·
It's either a T-50 or T-55. But with your truck being 10 years old, I'm thinking the proper wrench size is going to be an angle grinder and a BFH. Also, don't forget that you'll need new clips for the bolts to go into. The clips come unthreaded, which is why you need the special bolts.

#6 ·
I agree about cutting them off. I broke 6 bits, The last one I broke Shattered and somehow a very small piece went flying into my back window and shattered it.... That was not good. I then used a grinder to cut out the rest. I guess that is why they always say to wear safety glasses.

#9 ·
with lock washers, and regular washers....and anti-seize....lots of anti-seize

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.