Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

'05 puked coolant, and code?

743 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  lenzhotrod 
#1 ·
I popped the hood on my truck to check the oil level and noticed there was dried coolant on the side of the reservoir and on the air filter. The level was just below the minimum mark before it puked and its in about the same spot now. Also I took the cap off and it was still under pressure and it hasn't been drove for a day. My question is does anybody know why it would have puked and still be under pressure after a day? Also the truck had a new egr cooler installed last march and the truck is stock except for a straight pipe with 112,000 miles.

Also I went through mcdonalds the other day and shut my truck off and when i went to start it, i turned the key forward to the on position and the message center said something like "TDC failure''. I turned the key off and back on and the message was gone and it hasn't said it since. Sorry for the long post but any help would be appreciated.

#2 ·
Time to start reading. There's a lot to be learned from reading and searching. Your coolant system is pressurized, so in my experience it's normal for your system to stay pressurized a day later. Lots of reasons why it may have puked, overfilled, bad cap, clogged system, headstuds. Like i said reading/searching is key. If you don't have gauges, now is the time!

#3 ·
TBC fault I would guess, trailer brake controller, usually happens when the batter level gets low, extended cranks or there is actually a problem with the controller.

#4 ·
On our '05 6.0L Excursion, when it puked coolant, it was a clogged oil cooler and the heads. Our Excusion was completely stock at the time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.