Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

6.0 vs 6.4

832 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  WoodBoy 
#1 ·
I will soon be in the market for a new powerstroke. What are some opinions on which is more dependable in the stock form. The truck is going to be for hauling the kids around in, and out of town trips. If there are simple modifications such as exhaust that would help one be more dependable over the other I will take that into consideration. I don't know much about these newer motors but would love some feedback.

Thanks
Curtis

#2 ·
The best thing for you to do is find what you are looking for and drive both of them. I have a 6.0 and a 7.3 and I love both of mine. Both trouble free except for normal routine maintenance. I know guys who have the 6.4 and love it, just not necessarily the fuel mileage. But love the power and quiet ride. Get out and try em out. I am gonna say you can't go wrong with either. It depends what your price range is and what configurations your looking for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.