Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

6.0 overheating and no power

11K views 49 replies 7 participants last post by  stoker04 
#1 ·
hey guys, just bought an 04 6.0, truck is running rather rough, and overheating during city driving conditions. Could these two issues be related? Also, I took it out tonight and it was extremely low on power. Any help would be great, Thanks!

#11 ·
just finished checking voltage on the FICM. Read zero with key off, read perfect 48 with key on, 48 while cranking, and 48 while running. Did notice something strange though, the truck had a boost gauge that was removed before i bought it and the brass fitting on the charge pipe that the line was fitted to is open. A small vaccum leak like that wouldn't make me lose that much power would it?

#13 ·
It doesnt take much leak to cause some loss of power, but it wont help the running rough you described but yes you should fix it and be able to tell a difference.

#18 ·
I'll have to check. truck barely has enough power to do 25mph, and today i wanna check the fuel pressure and possibly do a buzz test. I'd also like to put a gauge on the overflow bottle supply line to check the cooling system pressure under load. I REALLY NEED TO GET THIS THING FIXED!

#21 · (Edited)
One of the spool vavles on the injector could be closed shut not allowing HPO to fire the injector. I see you have checked the ficm voltage, even though the ficm is reading 48V it still could be bad...You'll have to get a good scan tool on it to know for sure though.

#24 ·
#25 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.