Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

reliable 800-1000hp

7K views 50 replies 20 participants last post by  Dustball8504 
#1 ·
STOCK INTERNALS except rods and pistons with bowl work to lower compression a bit to lower cylinder pressures to prevent head gasket failure. Stock crank, stock cam,stock heads,stock valve springs, ran 1000hp on all those stock parts with no major failures. Head gaskets after about 30 10sec passes. This year has been a trying year with trying to make a billet stage two cam work, but with ZERO product support I did a lot of work putting the cam in and out trying to make it work and came to the conclusion that I will be making a youtube video of me taking a grinder and distroying that cam with that companys name in the back ground. A cracked intake runner filled a jug with coolant and bent some parts meaning I'm not goin to world finals.

Long story short. Stock parts make reliable power

#2 ·
Sucks to hear :( bigger and better plans for the future though right? Best of lluck

#6 ·
Damn there goes my fav 6.0 out of the finals already :-/

#11 ·
Yes had an expensive converter brought in from suncoast and no change. Mph or et didn't change either. So why put expensive parts in if they don't change the end result. If the et/mph was better I would try and live with taking 20-30secs to spool my turbos on nos. But seeing how the end result didn't change why suffer through that.

Craig last time I checked mpd should be the last company giving advise cause your track record for engines/trannys living is almost as bad as tadd's

#12 ·
This thread isn't a pissing match, just trying to inform people that stock parts can make reliable hp.and for the record I didn't mention any company name

#14 ·
How reliable can 800-1000hp be on the street anyway? That kind of power is only suited for a drag truck IMO

#15 ·
Subscribed. There are quite a few 800-1000hp street trucks. Just sayin

#25 ·
For sure it was installer error. Cause that was the first cam I put it, and the second and again the third when I was pulling in and out trying to get my truck to run faster

#27 ·
A lot of duramaxes and cummins LOL Patel and Mal? I think that's his name, are two 6.4s I can think of right off the top of my head.

#32 ·
This is a public forum. just because they pay the sponsor fee doesn't mean they are worth a $hit. Yes we all know who he is referring to but he had enough common courtesy to conceal the name, obviously because he needed to make it public to get anything done. Got to love the power of a public forum.

#33 ·
I'd have to back Shawn on this one, watching him for years and had talks as well, Shawn has proven the fact stock parts hold up well and he has push the limits we all know this and have seen it correct ? Ya parts are parts wether they end up working or not which comes down to hype vs proven I believe we all follow this theory as well. Thou Shawns voice of opinion gets unders ppl skin lol but who here themself have tried what he has. Get her running !! You still got time !

#37 ·
So should I be expecting to root for you in Topeka or not???

#40 ·
Oh so now if its in one particular section that's all we can talk about? Nobody said #### about particulars. Stuff it in your ass buddy, step out of your little shell and come see the rest of the world.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.