Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

leveling kit

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  tree trimmer 
#1 ·
I have a mini spring pack in and the track bar bolt was a pain. It was about a hole off. Now that I am all done My left side is an inch lower than the right. My right side is 41 1/2 inches and the left side measures 40 1/2 inches high from bottom of tire to bottom of fender well. You can notice it from looking that it is leaning to the left. Wonder if it can be from the track bar? Should I cut and sleeve it to see if will then straghten out? Take the bolt out again and see if that does it?

#4 ·
Could the track bar be why the left side is lower than the right? Planning on having our professional welder that welds on our tractors weld the track bar and plug weld it too. Hopefully it will not fail? The bar breaks when it fails?

#5 ·
took the track bar off and that is not the cause of my truck leaning to the left side. Still is about 3/4 of an inch higher on the right than the left. Wondering what else could cause this difference? thinking of adding just another half inch plate into my pack to see if that does the trick?

#6 ·
drivers side springs wore out. there is X amount of extra pounds daily on just the drivers side. driver, fuel tank. take that times the mileage of the vehicle, and the drivers side will wear out/sag faster than the pass side. short of re-springing it, try switching the leaf's from side to side.

Northend Wrecking - QRP USA-IA(Dubuque) 1-800-545-8885 i just bought a set of X code springs, shipped to my door, for $130. $50 x 2 + $30 for shipping. they had 4 sets 3 weeks ago when i got mine. mine are off a 03 f-350 with 35k on it that got t-boned right behind the drivers door. pretty much new.

#7 ·
that is a good price for the x codes. I have x codes now and thought they were not supposed to sag. I think that it is sagging because of the fuel tank being full. It seems to keep getting higher on the left the more fuel that I run out of it.

#8 ·
anything will eventually sag. nothing you can do about it. its metal. how long it takes it to do that, i dependent on what you do with your truck. if you live up north, carry a plow 9 out of 12 months, it'll sag quick. live down south, nothing ever on the front of it, it'll last longer than the truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.