Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Lift/Speed

2K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  windrunner408 
#1 ·
Hey guys, i am new to the whole diesel thing. My truck is a 2004 F250 King Ranch. Its stock other than an mbrp 4inch straight. I want to jack it up, but i want to stay fast so i can keep up with all my buddies. just want some oppinions on how big i should go. pictures would be nice as well.

Thanks

#6 ·
it really depends how involved you want to get with the truck, if your not looking to dump a ton of money into the motor to make it fast than i say the level kit or 4in to get some 35s in there and be happy....if your looking to make this truck fast down the road with motor upgrades (turbo injectors tunes ect..) then i would go big...

i have 10 in and 38's and love my set up...but truck has to be practical for what you need it for....

#8 ·
my 06 has a 4 inch lift and 35's . thats what id suggest for you. its taller and clean looking and isnt too drastic at the same time. you could also throw in a 1 or 2 inch body lift just so its a little taller too. Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car Automotive tire

#9 ·
I've seen a lot of guys go big then go back. Mpg and performance get hindered when going up. You can regear as well but as stated a lot go back to stock or roughly 2" or leveling kits. I think a leving kit and 35" tires has a clean look personally. I will be doing at least tires next spring and I'm really up in the air with weither to go to 35" tires or 33" tires. With 33" tires on my 04 I noticed no power loss or mpg loss. The truck looked better as well. With 35" tires I lost a little bit on fuel and power. I don't drive my truck nearly as much as I'd like and normally when I do it is in 600+ mile trips so mpgs plays a big factor for me at this point.

#10 ·
:whs: I have a 4' lift and 35's and iam goin back down to stock height with some 20's and terra grapplers but that just my preference i like the lower look better. plus iam short easier to get LOL

#13 ·
More area for wind resistance/drag to go under the truck and cause turbulance, tires take longer to rotate, messed up gearing due to taller tires ect... That's why generally most fast cars are low with relatively small tires/wheels i.e. not 38's with 20's

Sent from mobile using autoguide.

#14 ·
I always run 35's and for a fun one day we put 265 on, stock 2004 tires, in a strip that I always hit 89-91 mph I hit 97, 3 different times. On my 2006 I ran stock 20's it's about a 34" tire, and 35x12.5r17, I see 1-2 mpg difference when I can. I just run a 2" lift.

#17 ·
I run a 7" lift and 37" tires and have attained 135mph (GPS verified) so speed is not an issue. I get better fuel economy with my current setup using 4.11 gears than I did with 4" lift and 35" tires and 3.73s.

#20 ·
IMO, since I presume you have stock tires and wheels, why dont you take it in stages and see how you like it. For instance, you know you are going to need to buy new wheels when you do your tires when you lift your truck right? Well why dont you figure out the largest tires you would at most want to end up with at that wheel size and get a set of 35s for now in that wheel size and a leveling kit. Then that way you can see how you like them and whether or not you want to go bigger. You also wont have to spend money on gears either. Then when those wear out go bigger with a lift if you want to.

#24 ·
3in lift will be good.

#26 ·
I recommend Toyo OC MTs Best looking tire out there IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.