Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

center dump exhaust

30K views 32 replies 18 participants last post by  BigKid 
#1 ·
I want an exhaust that dumps over the center of the rear axle. MBRP offers a kit like this, but its slightly off centered to the passenger side and I want mine right in the middle. So I thought maybe I could get a standard side exit exhaust, take the 90 degree bend at the end of it (by the tailpipe), cut it off, flip it over, and put that piece right in front of the axle that way it would make the exhaust centered in the middle. Does that make sense to anyone? And if so do you think it would work?

Here's a pic of the MBRP kit

and here's how I want mine

See less See more
#2 ·
my buddy zack made his side exit into a dump centered over the axle. he lives here in va beach, look him up on my facebook. (this is jeremy, btw.)

#8 ·
i just did mine yesterday accept i didnt center mine. i love the look.

#10 ·
I'm not really concerned about soot under the truck because I'm on stock tuning and my truck doesnt blow smoke.

Jeremy I've seen zack's that's pretty much how I want mine except with the pipe a little closer to the back of the truck so you can see it more. I'll have to ask him how he did it. The problem is no exhaust shop around here can bend 4" pipe.

#11 ·
I dont see the purpose in it on a stock heigth or lowered truck, but it is your truck and you should not let anyone make your decision. But because the size of your rear end housing and lack of a lift when you flex or squat it may hit or pinch the exhaust between the bed and rear end. It also may not, I havent measure this so i have no exact input. Just a judgement. It also being on a stock size truck you wont be able to see it (purpose in a dumped exhaust) no matter if it is centered or not

#13 ·
i ran mine to dump right over the axle for awhile, i just turned my mbrp where it goes over the axle and welded a longer bend onto it. Its really easy to do without a spare just get some 4in bends and cut and weld it will work!

The only issue i see with it being way back by the hitch is you will have to make some sort of mount so that extra 3ft from the last hanger isnt just bouncing around

#14 ·
i just put it on my truck...(the first picture in the post) i love it, i think its a different look not too many people in my area have that set up...only down fall is the bumper and gate get sooted up pretty good with the hot tune....but its well work the look....

#15 ·
Looks great. Needs a long tip.. 18 inch or
So. So it hangs real low. Seen an ex with dual 4 inch dumped like that and it looked damn good!

#16 ·
Well I just found a website that offers flex tubing and bends in all sizes. This makes things much easier, so I will just be ordering a standard 4" straight pipe and altering it myself. Do I need 4" OD or ID for the extra piping?

#18 ·
You could always mod it yourself to look like you want, that's what I did. I bought an AFE exhaust system, and they don't even offer a center dump kit,

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Attachments

#27 ·
No, not really, I had a single 5" tip pointed out the rear corner of the passenger side. Sounds the same just dumps smoke in a different direction. I love the the way it sounds. It's not loud in the cab and still has a good tone when you get on it, but I'm young and still believe that loud pipes save lives, I think I'm going to run a bigger exhaust when I get back from Afghanistan.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.