Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

4wd vacuum lines

4K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  fifty 
#1 ·
I am throwing a 2008 front axle under my 2002...with a 6-7 inch lift... I am going to need new (longer) vacuum lines.

Diesel site offers a set for the 02 and a set for the 08...Whats the difference? If I get a set for the 08, will it mate up to the 02 truck?

#3 ·
Trying to contact dieselsite to ask them has been a PITA...But, alas, I have heard they will be the last lines I will ever need...I am also going to order a set of their boots for the intercooler etc...if I can ever get a hold of anyone.

#6 ·
Got ahold of them. Just ordered a set and a set of boots.
Just as an fyi for anyone doing an axle conversion. They said, they axle sides are the same, its the chassis side that is different. So use the ones for the chassis.

AKA, I have a 02 truck with an 08 axle, so I am using a set of 02 lines...

#8 · (Edited)
I was fixing to order a set of these braided lines from bob about 3 months ago, when I read somewhere.... That it has been proven that the vacuum that is produced through these lines over time will have ill effects on the manual hubs... So I unplugged mine and plugged them off... Has anyone heard of this?

My next project was going to intall a set of WARN Premium Hubs before winter arrives...This summer has been the craziest ever... I am thinking this winter will be the same... 4WD will be a must... I wasn't going to hook the vacuum lines back up... and just manually lock the hubs in before the weather moves in...Even though sitting in that nice warm F250 and just turning a switch is so much easier...

Has anyone heard of the problems the vacuum causes on the manual hubs? Or have I totally imagined the whole thing?
Sad thing is I really can't remember what the ill effects were...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.