Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

been gone for a while..... here's why....

6K views 65 replies 43 participants last post by  displacedtexan 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I've been out of the loop for a bit. I kinda got busted up this last go round in afghan land. I stepped on some bad stuff on Feb 17th, 2011, and lost both of my feet. However, I was up and walking in 6 weeks, and started running in less than 4 months. I returned to duty as an 18B, Special Forces Weapons Sgt, in less than 5 months. And I am now on leave, heading to Eglin AFB, FL, where I will finish the last 4 years of my career.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
However, in the meantime.... I am still getting-er-done! I was just up in Edmonton, Canada to receive an award, and just rode across country, with my dog, and my girlfriend.....

Attachments

#3 ·
That is very cool man!!!!!!!! Don't know how you do it!!!! Awesome!!! Thanks for your service.:bowfast::bowfast:
Glad your still around to talk about it.

#6 ·
Wow man, that's nothing short of amazing that you recovered that fast. You should be very proud of that, and what you've done for all of us. Thanks so much for you service.

Side note: That one pic of your dog looks like he's reading your shirt... Lol

#8 ·
glad you made it out alright man. Im actually over here right now, glad youre okay, I am so sorry for the sh*t you endured man, best of luck in the rest of your career brother.

Chad

#32 ·
sorry i missed this one bro. good luck over there. keep your head down when you gotta, and give er hell! next one you send to meet allah, tell him that was for my damn feet! lol!

#11 ·
You are a badazz! My family and I thank you for your service.

#12 ·
Hard core! I can't thank you enough for your service and for your sacrifice. Your attitude is fuggin' inspirational!

God bless you brother.

What was it that got you? AP mine? IED?

#17 ·
yuppers, it was an IED. Little 5 pound deal, from what we found there before i launched... a minefield around a mosque.... but the EOD guy found one, and Ax and I found some more, but I found one, all by myself. Oooops.

corb

#14 ·
First off THANKS!!

your an inspiration and hope for the best for you. keep living life and stay safe this next time around

#19 ·
WOW! Your story is truely amazing and definitely an inspiration. I couldn't imagine going through that and dealing with it not to mention recovering that quickly and fully and almost like it was just a broken bone. :bowfast::bowfast:

and ultimately THANK YOU!! for your service and attitude!!:bowfast::bowfast:

#20 ·
Corbin, you have a great attitude and I want to personally say thank you for your service and sacrifice.

And HOO-RAH Ranger for getting back at it, that's how it's fukin done. I hate to see these things happen but I love reading the stories of how our guys don't take any chit and no pity parties and get right back at it.

Rock on Sir,

#22 ·
Your one tough mofo bud. Glad you survived and recovered so quick. Nice bike too. I will be there soon, but im no badass like you, ill stay in the gunners hole. Maybe i will see you over there, and shake your hand in person.

#23 ·
I spent about half my time in the hole as well, hanging onto that minigun as it roared. but we do dismount, or take helos in occasionally.... lol! This time was a helo trip, and I was having a blast, until I had a blast....

corb

#24 ·
On behalf of me and my family......THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE:bowfast:

Roy

#25 ·
I sit here in awe over your post. I'm truly amazed at the positive attitude you have maintained thru this ordeal.

You sir are one BAD MOTHER FOCKER!

Thank you for your service, for what you do, and for getting back into it again. Many many guys would never heal from wounds of your nature.

My hat is off to you sir!

#30 ·
PM sent bro. I should be in FL NLT 05 Sept. I'll be using the 10 days permissive TDY to get my house rolling. I also sent phone number. hit me up when you can.

RLTW!
DOL
corb

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.