Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

STEERING STABILIZERS? yes? no? what do you run? is there a down side to having them

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  wadman 
#1 ·
i see some of the lifted trucks have them on them. there not that expensive. is there a down side to having them? what do you think of them? if you have them what do you run?

i did a search on this forum and found this for info
( A Nitrogen Charged shock offers better control, IMO.
The nitrogen keeps pressure pushing outward.....which is why they have to be mounted in a dual opposed setup.

A "standard" or emulsion shock is what most white body shocks are. You can easily compress and extend them by hand. They have to "react" to movement rather than prevent it from happening/instantly controlling it like a nitrogen charged shock would.)

and
(I put the Top Gun Customz dual kit on my truck and it works great. I like how they mount the stabilizers in line with the tierod and not below it like others do.)

here is a few kits i seen online.

Rough Country $136.oo shipped

Ford F250 F350 Dual Steering Stabilizer Kit 05-11 | eBay

Top Gun Customz with Bilstein Cylinders $329.oo shipped

05-07 Ford Super Duty F250/F350 Dual Steering Stabilizer Silver with Bilstein Cylinders @Top Gun Customz

rancho $148.oo shipped

http://www.partsgeek.com/gbproducts/PC/18248-03025358.html

procomp $149.oo

05-07 Ford F250 Super Duty 4x4 Pro Comp Dual Steering Stabilizer Kit @Top Gun Customz

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: STEERING STABILIZERS? yes? no? what do you run? is there a down side to having th

a shock absorber is simply a hydraulic damper. a nitrogen charged unit will be less prone to foaming which shouldn't really be an issue as a steering damper. yes i suppose the gas pressure while not as intense as the old air shocks,could push the steering off center. the bigger concern would be that since the rebound and compression are not even close to being the same, having 2 set in opposite directions would result in balanced damping in both directions. in reality would you feel the difference, maybe with very large heavier than stock tire/wheel assemblies. just my opinion

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.