Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

bad FICM?

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  K9-K141 
#1 ·
hi im new on here and have done alot of reasurch about the 6.0 but just bought one a few weeks ago. its a 2004 f250 with 97000 miles. i was having problems with it running in the mornings when it was like 55 degrees out. running rough and smoking. so on yeasterday i went to ford and had the ficm reflashed to the newest calibration with the induction heation for the injector spools. now this morning i went to start it and it fires but dies. it will not run. lots of white smoke. so i cheacked the ficm voltage. with the engine off key on iv got 48V but when i have my dad crank on the engine the voltage drops to 19 some times 18 volts. also when he first turns the key on it will stay at 15V untill the injectors stop cycling or what ever they do when u turn the ignition on. so based on the voltages my ficm is bad correct? or is there another reason for a voltage drop on the ficm that i am not aware of?

im pretty sure its a bad ficm i just wanna see what other ppl with more experiance with the 6.0l have to say. especially sence a ficm is 400 buck. thanks in advance

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.