Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Oxy-Act Torches

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  tensixniner 
#1 ·
How can you tell if they are leaking? I just exchanged for new tank full of oxy from tractor supply and I used about 1/2 the tank in about 20 min of cutting. It is a size 4 tank(by TSC numbers) if that means anything to you.

Could the regulator be leaking.

Also, the regulators are as old as dirt. If I were to replace them what all do i need to know. i have seen soem of there torches look like they belong in Erector set they are so small. but it is hard to tell sizes on the internet.

I believe I have 1/4" hoses and torch head. What size regulator should I be looking for?

#2 ·
How big is your bottle??? If you have a little mini set then yes. Those things dont last no time. What size tip are you using? What pressure are you running? All that factors in to it.

#5 ·
Well they do leak, but dont know if it is the head, hoses or regulator. I always shut off the tanks as soon as I extinguish the torch

And #4 TSC bottles are 125 Cu/ft. The bottle is 4' tall and 7" diameter. Started out at 2000lbs now down to 1000

#8 ·
Use a mild dish soap like palmolive with water in a spray bottle. Setup the torch as if you were about to light it but shut the fuel and oxy valves at the torch. Start checking for leaks where the cutting tip attaches to the torch and work your way down the torch all the way down the hoses to the regulators.

It's possible you have a ruptured diaphram in your regulator. If you hear a hiss coming from the regulator or find bubbles coming from the vent then stop using it and get it fixed or get a new one if it's as old as you say. It would be dangerous to keep using it.

It's also possible the valve on the tank itself is leaking. Oxygen valve should be opened all the way when in use. If you find bubbles around the stem then the valve is bad and you should stop using it, store it in a safe place and let your supplier know. Try to get credit for the defective tank.

http://www.weldfabulous.com/
Is a good source for supplies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.