Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

E99 fog lights?

5K views 28 replies 9 participants last post by  1TONPSD 
#1 ·
Is it possible to Install oem fog lights on my e99 that was not equipted with fogs from the factory. It also does not have any factory wires for fog lights anywhere. Anybody have any ideas?

#5 ·
just buy a factory headlight switch for a truck with fog lights. run your own wires and then hook them up to the fog light terminals on the back of the switch (not sure which ones they are).... I would def. suggest running them through a relay though, just in case... That's what I plan on doin on my E99.... I bought it with an 05 front end with fog lights that are wired to an aux switch.... not a fan.

#8 ·
I got a switch in the junk yard for 5 bucks,next time i'm there i'll see if i can get you one

#13 ·
OK,I found one switch has the fog light and auto position.Just so you guys know it has a different plug for the wiring

#15 ·
I don't know either,hope somebody knows? cause I have the same switch I'm putting in my truck.If it doesn't work on auto I'm sure the rest will work

#18 ·
kinda sounds bad but I ran mine SIMPLE....Haven't had an issue either before anyone says anything....I ran a power wire to my factory parking light and ran a ground to the frame....and they come on with the parking lights and stay on with the highbeams.

Chad

#20 ·
Thats how I wired mine. I havent been stopped here in Indiana yet.

#21 ·
yeah it's not illegal...not real sure actually....my truck is illegal in so many other ways the foglights are the last of my worries LOL.

Chad

#22 ·
The way the auto lamp system works is off of a photo cell located on the dash, it gets dark out the light come on. Ever see the little dome in the center of the dash that is the photo cell.

#24 ·
Wiring is not rocket science. Hell, if I can do it so can any half brained monkey. The safety warning is use relays and fuses, and size the wires to the load.

Determine your switching mechanism. If you want to use the factory switch with the fog light option, but the plugs are different, get the correct plug and splice it in. I just used an illuminated toggle switch and mounted it below the main light swiitch. (I actually have 4 there) Determine your trigger source for the relay. I tapped into the marker/running light circuit for the fogs, and high beam circuit for the driving lights.

The rest of the wiring should be as follows.

#25 ·
My 2000 doesn't have fog lights. Can i buy factory style fog lights for say a 01 or 02 and will they bolt in behind the bumper? I have no problem wiring them in i just want to know if they bolt in.

#29 ·
The Piaa lights look good but do you think that the stock housings with HID would be an ok alternative, or is it the housings that are garbage?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.