Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

What should i do?

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  VaTechPSD 
#1 ·
I picked up this truck a couple of months ago its a 2001 with 55k miles on it, it was completly stock when i bought it except for the wheels that i dont like at all. Since i bought the truck i put a 2.5in leveling kit and a 4" turbo back exhaust on it and i also changed the cab lights to smoked lights. I got a set of stock wheels off a 04 f250 larait that i have striped the clear off of and repolished and i have some bfg 305 all terrians to go on it. Im also wanting to do the 05 front end on it but dont know what headlights would look better the chrome or the harley headlights the rest of the front end is going to be chrome ie bumper and grill. What else could i do to the truck to improve the looks.

See less See more
#3 ·
I bought a set of chrome tube steps off of a 05 and i didnt like how low they hung on the truck so i dont know what other ones i can find that i like other than the round tube steps.

As far as the 08 mirrors can you get the mirrors that are power but with no turn signals in the mirrors since mine didnt come with the turn signals in the mirrors or if i buy the mirrors with turn signals in the mirrors how can i make them funcional.

#4 ·
Remove the bugshield and vent visors. Chrome round tube nerf bars, the clear headlights I think would look best, with the blue painted bumper cap. I would normally say 4x4 sticker delete and side moulding delete, but I did both of those and wish I had left them on honestly. Throw some window tint on and be done.

SO:
Nerf bars
Remove bug shield/vent visors
Clear headlights with the blue matched bumper cap
Window tint.

That'd give you a clean good looking truck that doesn't scream "18 year old", and would be easier to sell if the time comes, than one with some gaudy overdone mods. I'd also go with the mirrors with turn signals from the '03/'07 trucks...'08's are too boxy and over done like Harley heads.

#5 ·
This is how the truck currently sits striped the clear off the factory wheels sanded the curb rash and scratchs outta the wheels and repolished and then added the bfg tires, windows tinted to 35% and smoked cab lights. I think it totally changed the look of the truck for the good, what yeah think? I would love to take the vent visors off but the wife said theres 2 things i have to keep on the truck thats the vent visors and some sort of running board so her short ass can get in the truck.

#7 ·
I wouldn't do a front end conversion with those wheels on it. That's just me though. I'd almost trade you your wheels and tires for my wheels and tires. I'd kill to have a good looking set of stock wheels again. I forget how good they look when in good shape!

#9 ·
the bug shield is coming off just havent done it yet and the stock wheels arent going anywhere there is toooo much time and effort in them to sell them or trade them they came off a wrecked truck and when i got them it looked like they had been rock climbing with no tires on the truck i striped the clear and sanded all the big cuts,scrapes and chips outta the wheels and then polished them out there so clean and shiny in person my neighbor thought i had them chromed it kinda made me feel good about myself. i kinda see what your saying about not doing the converison with those wheels it kinda doesnt give it the full effect of the newer truck even if i dont do the hole thing im deff gonna do the newer headlights cuz they gotta be brighter than what i have now.

the DC1's that were on the truck were polished and they were done about a week before these pictures were done, they are forsale now also.

#10 ·
I just can't get over how good those wheels look...they look almost aftermarket lol. How much time do you figure you have in those?? I'd like to lose my leveling kit and go back to stock height on stock wheels. I would have kept my stock wheels if I knew they could look like that.

#11 ·
Stripping wheels 4 hrs some of the clear was a pain to get off had to do a couple applications and a preasure washer helped alot.

Sanding prolly 2 hrs a couple wheels all i had was a couple nicks and scratchs but one was terrible im talking 1/8th inch deep curb rash marks and gouges(sp) in wheels fronts and outer lip,

Polishing about 30 min per wheel after i figured out how the hell to do it. I started with a powerball and mothers power aluminum polish and it wasnt cutting it so i went out and bought a yellow buffing wheel and some jewlers rouges and that worked the best once i figured out how to use it without putting micro scratches in the finish.

So all in all about 8 hrs give or take a little but to me it was all worth it since i havent seen many people do a set on here, I like to have different things and when I was looking for a set of wheels I couldnt find anything that jumped out at me and said I gotta have them if weld was still in business it was a no brainer but I couldnt find a set of super singles so I figured I would do a custom job and this is what i came up with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.