Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

I'm about to buy a lift and rim/tire combo. tell me what you think

12K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  powerstroke742008 
#1 ·
ok here is the truck. 2005 f350 6.0. first off i don't want togo to big because i tow things some times. the other thing is in the winter here in CT the stock rims will have to go back on. and a big lift with stock rims and tires looks bad. and what the bolt pattern on this 2005? 8 Lug, 170mm i think? and what offset will fit the best? if there is any other rim tire lift combo you think will suite me better let me know. thanks

if i go with 20x10 XD Diesel Chrome Wheels with Nitto Terra Grappler 295/60/20 All Terrain Tires can i get away with just the 2.5 level kit?

or even some thing like this?

2005-2011 Ford F250/F350 Super Duty 4x4 - 2.5" Suspension Lift Kit

2005-2011 Ford F250/F350 Super Duty 4x4 - 2.5 Suspension Lift Kit by Tuff Country

rim and tire one

heres a link with two different tire options $2,649. with street tire or $2,599 with mud tire, how bad are these tires for 95% street driving?

20x10 XD Diesel Chrome Wheels w/Nitto Terra Grappler 295/60/20 Tires

20x10 XD Diesel Chrome Wheels w/Federal Couragia MT 35x12.5x20 Tires

then

lift 4 inch suspension lift $799

4" Suspension System

or i can go with 2.5 spacersers in the front and fit a 35 with a little cutting?

See less See more
#2 ·
That tire translates to roughly a 34x11.5, so technically its not even a 35. You will be able to fit it with just a leveling kit but you will probably have to trim a little depending on the offset of the wheels. I can only get about 1 and a quarter turns of the wheel and with a crew cab long bed, I will admit it can be a pain when it comes to parking. But I am willing to deal with that because I'm not cutting up my fenders.

#4 ·
If it were me I would go with the zone 4" kit, those kits are very inexpensive and the ride quality is awesome! And then depending on your exact look you want, you could run a strong 35", tire if you wanted too, without clearance issues.

#6 ·
all right thanks. ill get the zone 4 inch then. i'm paying a buddy to install it is there any thing i should do at the same time to keep my cost down? any thing else i need?

looks like i should get the Carrier Bearing Drop Kit too.

#8 ·
all right the 4 inch kits ordered from zone. with the Carrier Bearing drop kit and longer u bolts. $961. shipped to a business address. would have been $50 more to my door.

now i need some stock 20 inch rims to put 35s on for winter. or a set of 35s to go on my 18s. i will get 20s or 22s when winters over here. then ill know if my tucks ready for a bigger tire or stay with 35s.

can any one suggest a good 35 for the road and winter driving? thanks

#9 ·
hankook dynapro mt's i've had them for the last 2 years and they are great, a little loud by what can you expect from an mt?

#10 ·
If you didn't already read one of my other posts (newb qustion posts) my truck has the 4 inch zone lift kit on it now. Here is one of the rim and tire set I'm about to settle for. I can't really find any thing I like better. I kind of like the 951 ( or what ever they are) moto metals but I don't like that the lip has the spokes all the way down them. If I go with this rim what back spacing Should I go with? At least if I know what I need for back spacing I can pick a rim out when I see some thing I like. Thanks

heres a link with two different tire options
$2,649. with street tire or $2,599 with mud tire,

Will this terra grappler look like a big street tire? If so I don't want them.

20x10 XD Diesel Chrome Wheels w/Nitto Terra Grappler 295/60/20 Tires

How bad Is this brand of mud tire? If there junk for 95% road driving I'm not going to buy them.

20x10 XD Diesel Chrome Wheels w/Federal Couragia MT 35x12.5x20 Tires

#11 ·
If you have any trucks in your area take a look at them and ask what there backspacing is. I run 5 inch backspace wheels on 2006 axles and the tires stick out quite a bit and can hit the bumper or wheel liner in certain conditions. With you running a 4 inch lift and 35 inch tires it isnt very likely they will hit though.

If you would prefer them to stick out less, look for wheel offered in 5.75 inch to 6 inch backspacing.

Most people seem to run 5 inch backspace wheels but its hard to get an idea how far they set out with pictures on here versus in person.

#14 ·
My backspacing is 4.5" and my rim is 12" wide so that is 7.5" going away from the mounting surface. My tires stick out roughly 3.5 inches so that means it takes about 4 inches or so to be flush with the fender.

#15 ·
thanks to you both.

and that google link is funny. i seen it before but never been hit by it till now. i hate to ask all kinds of stupid questions but its hard for me to search the net all day and not find out what i'm looking for or be mis lead buy people who don't really know what there talking about. i figured you all have the same truck and could help out with a quick answer.

#16 ·
well i got a few parts for the truck so here is a quick update

over loaded, i think i need a bigger truck. or some air bags, or a bigger trailer.

after seeing the new tailgate and mirrors on other tucks i hated the old ones on my truck. i am more then happy with both.

its was a must for me. the old humps and round mirror had to go

the back needs to go up. (and will be 1 1/2 inch when my PMF blocks and bars come in.

i's a zone 4 inch lift with a 1 1/2 inch spacer in the front.
that will put the back 1 1/2 low. soon to be fixed with a PMF 6 1/2 block with bars.

rims are XD diesel 20x10 -24 and Nitto 35x12.50R20 Trail Grappler Tires

the tint is 20% to match the back of the truck

next to my other work truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.