Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

8" suspension thoughts..

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  NotStock 
#1 ·
Alright I've been back and forth with myself about what I want to put on my new truck. I dont want to sacrifice ride quality at all! Have been going between a few kits and really cant decide. I dont want to go over my budget. I have to keep in mind I'm also installing AMP steps, H&S minimax, dpf delete, S&B intake, and American Force 22x12 Rebels.

Truck Toyz: (most expensive)
-Icon box kit with upgraded trac bar, carrier bearing drop, misc. parts
-8" Icon coilover
-OUO link arms
-OUO traction blocks/bars
-Omega bypass rear (might go piggy back)

I know this kit will ride well, Marty's told me many times it will. I trust him.

Pure Performance Desert Race with King coilovers:
-TGC is going to fab up some custom link arms and trailing arms for me. (not a huge fan of PP rear trailing arms)
-Rest would be PP 8" kit
-TGC steering stabs with king 2.0
-obviously having PP rear coil over conversion (big plus to me on ride quality)

I really like the idea of having a coilover in the rear. I had Pure Performance's kit on my 06 Dodge 2500 and it rode like a caddy at 12".

OR..a mix

Now I'm not sure if there are any problems with mixing some of these parts. I dont see any but more experienced suspension guys point out any issues you might see.

Mix kit: (basically all Icon front parts)
-Icon steering stabilizers
-Icon trac bar (upgraded version)
-Icon coilover hoop (king shocks)
-OUO link arms
-PP rear coilover conversion (king shocks)

Not sure about the trailing arms for this setup. Does anyone know if I can get OUO trailing arms? Not the formed ones, the style similar to there adjustable link arms..

Any insight or thoughts? Hoping to get going on this in the next couple weeks. Just waiting for my home upgrades to be finished and paid before I move on.

Thanks,
Jon

See less See more
#3 ·
Not sure about the trailing arms for this setup. Does anyone know if I can get OUO trailing arms? Not the formed ones, the style similar to there adjustable link arms.

You can not get the trailing arms by themselves out of the OUO kit, you have to buy the complete kit.

Anyone running Icon's 7-9" stage 3 kit? Just curious how the coil spring rides.
I have an ICON/OUO 8" kit on my truck with coil springs, it rides great.

#5 ·
Might wanna qualify your question with what your gonna do with the truck, . Different kits have different advantages. I would be leary of running a "hybrid" kit unless each builder knows the others products. Spring rates and link geometry from one will vary to the next and expecting one to work with the other isnt always true. But what do I know, lol. It was nice to talk with you on the phone for an hour or so. If I can help more, just let me know...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.