Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Temps after installing coolant filter

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Zmann 
#1 ·
I recently installed a coolant filter and before I was seeing temps at 4 degrees. Now after the install Im seeing about a 5-6 degree diff but Im still seeing normal operating temps. I was just wondering if its normal or my oil cooler is heading to the scrap pile???

#2 ·
coolant filter shouldnt have anything to do with it bc it acts as a bypass system... If you used ball valves and you turn them off the flow will act as the filter isnt there.

#4 ·
I recently put one on my truck, haven't noticed any change.......but all I have to go off of is the factory gauge. I agree though, there should be no change in temp with the addition of the filter.

#6 ·
190 to 200 ECT is fairly common and normal. I see between 190, 194ish unless I beat on it good, Highest Ive seen is 198.

#7 ·
I can see why you are concerned but it is very hard to say if not impossible to determine if the coolant filter was your reason for the temp increase. I would just note it and watch it and start to worry when it gets to 15 vice just 5 or 6. I mean its only 2 degrees at most. If it is your oil cooler going south then it will manifest with higher temps. Hope this helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.