Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Xtreme Race vs. SRL+

7K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  stoker04 
#1 ·
Like the topic says. Im running Xrace from IDP at the moment. Its not a bad tune but I am not happy with it and I feel as though my fuel mileage and power should be alot better. I used to run xstreet and I barely noticed a difference going to xrace. I am studded, injectors, etc.

My biggest question is, would I feel a noticeable difference in my truck, power wise or all around with going to matts SRL+ and opinion wise, do you all feel like its worth the money for me to make the switch from IDP xrace to Matts SRL+ ?

I looking for the most power I can get, smoke doesnt really concern me. Best fuel mileage, power and daily driving ability possible without killling my factory trans.

Any outlook would be helpful. I am currently talking to matt as well but would like to get peoples thoughts that have ran both IDP tunes and Matts tunes

Thanks!:ford:

#2 ·
im running matts srl + and really like it, the shift points seem to be a lot better for me for daily driving, not much smoke at WOT with stock injectors. I also ran erics tunes and liked xtreme street but have never ran his race tunes, but I would say I had better fuel mileage with matts regular srl over erics xtreme street.

#3 ·
What injectors are you running???? Any way, just a little insight for ya.
I ran both on my stock stix . Power is there on both. My tranny and driving style keep me with Matts tunes. Thing is, its a custom tune. If you want something different, get with your tuner. Your not going to go wrong with Matts out of the box tune though. Hell , I spent 5 hours hanging with him to get my tune right Saturday. It is RIGHT now for sure. Guy is a perfections.

#4 ·
Unless I've missed something, Erics extreme race file is the quickest track proven file. Seat of the pants isn't a exact science. If you want things changes just call or email innovative, if then your not happy then try others tunes but seeing how its a custom tune you can't say anything bad or wrong with the tune if you haven't contacted the tuner and had him make changes. My 2cents

#5 ·
I have contacted them several times. Within 10 mins of loading the tune, I contacted them to get a few things adjusted and they told me it would be another $65 to change/adjust the tune that I just paid $80 for. I don't feel as though that is fair to pay $80 for a tune, load it, call them to get a few minor things adjusted and have to shell out another $65 for basically the same tune. I may be wrong but that's just how I feel about it. I'm in the process of talking with Matt about getting the SRL+ tune and once its done and loaded up, Ill report back.

#7 ·
Ive never had Eric or anyone charge for a tune revision.

#10 ·
:whs:

also....you say you're wanting power but something that won't kill your trans. i think once you get to the point you're at....it's one or the other. might have to sacrifice some power to keep your stocker alive or turn it up and get the most possible out of your setup....at the expense of the stock trans.

#8 ·
Ive talked to someone at innovative several times and they keep telling me that its $65 for eric to fix it. Thats why Im fed up and would like to deal with matt. He has been nothing but helpful so far and I keep reading how much everyone loves his tunes.

#9 ·
I switched to Matts the same week I bought my Innovative tunes because I couldn't even get a response from Them (I tried calling ,left messages ,email) so I talked to Matt and heve plenty of times since even on weekends

I like My SRL tune over the tune I had From ID the shifting was better

I don't recall the other differances it's been so long

#11 ·
il be honest, i called innovative because many people seem to be very pleased with erics tunes.....

i called them originally and it seemed as though there was going to be every little item taken into account when i was ready to order my tunes....so once i was ready for them i gave them a call....i was shocked when they told me i was gona maybe push 525...and also it didnt seem like they asked for all of my information on the truck, basically they asked if i had head studs, what turbo, and if i built my trans, and injectors, but no specifics. now i am new to the custom tune world so perhaps this is all the information they needed, and when i called and asked to speak with eric, he was busy..which is understandable, so that wasnt my concern..but i felt as though i was being told there is no reason to speak with him...

Dont get me wrong the tunes definitly move the truck, and it goes so i am satisfied with the product, i just wonder if there is room to pull more power out of the truck, being that i have more dont then what is just listed.....i do love the tunes, get solid mileage, and power gains, but i am interested in trying some other tunes, as well as maybe having eric adjust the ones he sent slightly....i think i will give matt a call and see what he has to offer....

Not ment to be a bashing response to innovatice, as i stated i am very happy with the product, as wel as the knowledge the innovatice was able to share with me, ans since i loaded the tunes, i have not called them back (onle been loaded a week) but i would like to see if i can get some more power from some other tunes.....

#12 ·
you really need to talk to eric if you want the proper attention IMO. the people on the phones are just tech support/sales so I just sent eric an email and we went back and forth about 10 times trying to get my tunes right.....at about 11 pm.

that being said....I'm getting pretty curious about matt's stuff though!

#14 ·
Well I guess you need someone that knows whats going on answering the phones then. When I got the tune from you all, I asked for x race tune, he asked for a few basic things and tried to hang up. I was like, ummm dont you need all the mods I have. Guy replied, OH YEAH! Then I called back a few days later, explained I just got the tune and wanted a few things tweaked. He put me on hold for like 10-12 mins, came back, told me its $65 for the changes needed and he was like ill call you back in ten mins to get a card number, then just hung up. I have yet to hear back and I dont want to pay $65 for basically the same tune I just spent $80 on.

#19 ·
eric, if you see this, i sent you another email. got the tune, tried to load it to my sct and you have one number wrong in the serial number. i sent you the error and the right serial number in an email. thanks again

#20 ·
I'm running matter tunes and they are awesome!!!!

#21 ·
Ever get it sorted out??

#23 ·
Good deal!!!!

#27 ·
I still want to try gearheads tunes for sure, it couldnt hurt :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.