Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Bestop Power Steps Installed

4K views 29 replies 18 participants last post by  Twotone08 
#1 ·
My steps and Stabilizers showed up this week. The only things I am waiting on right now are spare tire carrier and my bumper which should be here this week.

The Bestop Steps installed just like the AMP's I had on my previous truck. Things I noticed were that the texture has FAR more grip when they're wet vs the AMP Steps I had. The wire harness is a larger gauge wire. The control unit is beefier. They also come pre wired for lights which I love. Overall, despite being imported I feel the Bestop brand has a couple areas where they surpass the other brand IMO.

See less See more
#4 ·
i was wondering which one would be better between the amps and beststop boards. These will be my next investment for the truck for sure. Im tired of the N-Fab steps and the step look period.

#5 ·
You just reminded me that I need to still install the lights on my steps. Son of a....

They look really close for sure. Damn near identical but the lights look like they may be better on the Bestop.

#6 ·
Put a pic up when you get the lights on. I'd like to see where they mount on the steps

#7 ·
They actually mount by the frame rail and light the steps that way.

#9 ·
He was talking about the way the AMP Research lights are mounted and not the obvious Bestop lights in the pics above.

#15 ·
i have seen them for $999 with a $100 rebate so $899..Im going to try these ones this time around

#18 ·
Is it possible to get the Best Stop boards and put them onto the amp kit? If they have more grip, I'm all about that.
Or maybe just spray them with lineX maybe? Just a thought.

Lookin good as always Jesse!

#19 ·
I don't see anyone slipping off of the AMP boards.

#22 ·
Well, I just got my AMPs from a guy on eBay selling leftover ones in the warehouse from when Bestop was making them for AMP. At least that's what he told us. We got them cheaper than the normal price by a decent amount so I don't know. What I do know is the outside of the box read "AMP Research power steps" then small under it it says "nationally distributed by Bestop"

#23 ·
AMP has always manufactured the boards. Bestop distributed them for them as AMP at the time didn't have the proper channels to go to market. Bestop, being a much larger company, penned a deal for the distribution rights for the boards for several years (I believe 10) and after that period was over the relationship dissolved. I've heard a couple variations but the long story short Bestop decided they weren't going to let AMP just take all that existing business away without a fight. They took many of the board designs, made some improvements, and went to market with their boards.

#24 ·
The light setup on the Bestop is better than AMP but Amp's warranty is longer. It really comes down to the best deal you can find.

#25 ·
Hey guys any of you wanna sell your stock chrome tubular steps that comes with the chrome pkg? I dont like my stock ones which are differant than those.

#27 ·
When the door is closed do the pinch welds show or do the steps cover em up

#29 ·
i have a set i might be willing to sell, how much you looking to spend?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.