Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

DUAL SHOCK MOUNTS?

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  OzPowerstroker 
#1 ·
so im thinking about putting some dual shock mounts on front... possibly rear as well. does this do anything for ride? or is it more for looks? im just curious i dont know to much about suspesion things. :confused: any info would be great thanks guys!

#2 ·
I've read it can make your vehicle ride worse unless you get shocks that are specifically valved for dual shocks.

A bigger diameter shock (2.5) will ride better than a dual shock.
I don't do any sled pulling but I see where those guys run duals to help with wheel hop.

#3 ·
righ on man thankjs saved me some money! i will jsut look into some better shocks. any suggestions?

#4 ·
Everyone seems to love icons.
I recently purchased a set of icon 2.5 piggy backs front and rear from obswiz (site vendor) and I am pleased, but I think the 2.5's are over priced.
I'd try out a set of icon 2.0 if I were you.

Maybe some other ppl will chime in

#5 ·
Just put a set of Bilstein 5100s on my '02 and they vastly improved the ride over the 10 year old stocks that were on it. Cleared up most of my body roll and suspension noise.

I bought the Bilsteins as it seems most of the threads I've read these were quite popular. Had I the money I would have purchased the Icons, but they were ~$120/shock vs the Bilsteins at $75/shock.

Depends on how big your wallet is as to what you go with.

#6 ·
Trucktoyz 4 inch ICON lift with dual Bilstein 5100s, 18inch MTs on 35inch MT ATZ. Helps with the Road Armor bumper at high speed :evil
Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car Automotive tire

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.