Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Icon VS 2.5 piggy back review

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  07_powerstroke 
#1 ·
First I wanna thank Cary (obswiz) for his awesome customer service. I would recommend him to anyone.

I don't think this review is a 100% fair as my old shocks were shot. I was able to compress them with little to no effort and they never rebounded lol.
So I was waaaaay over due for shocks.

These 2.5's are massive! It's hard to believe how damn big these shocks are. Pictures do not do them justice.

I am guessing these shocks have a small break in period as they have softened up a bit since putting some miles on them.
They ride a hell of a lot better, but I honestly don't have anything to compare them to as my old shocks were junk.

For my application (street) I don't know if they are 100% worth the money or not. I would like to ride in a similar set up but with icon 2.0s

I noticed the biggest inprovement while driving at higher speeds on the highway. These shocks soak up anything and everything. Before the truck would almost feel like it was sliding when I'd a big bump in the road, now it just blasts over stuff.

I have also noticed less body roll and the truck just feels tighter in general.

See less See more
#6 ·
A chitty one lol
I am slowly replacing it in parts (gotta love those stacked blocks back there). The truck came with the lift, it's a revtek.

Next purchase will be pmf traction blocks, then most likely their 4 link

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.