Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Best way to lift the rear without blocks

917 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  TripleE44 
#1 ·
I have an 08 350 srw. I put a 6" BDS 4-link in the front and had a company in birmingham make some springs for the rear and added a 1" block to make the stance perfect. I love the way it looks but the ride is terrible. It bucks really bad when i go over concrete bridges but when I am pulling a heavy load the ride is fine. I need some ideas on how to lift the rear without sacrificing the ride quality. I was thinking about kelderman 4 link but it is pretty pricey. I am not a huge fan of blocks so any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. The local shop tells me tha any of the "high arked springs are going to ride ruff" but i hear of to many people bragging about how there truck rides like a caddy. I am running 37s on 20" monsters. Do i need to take out the BDS and start over or what?

#3 ·
Exactly what Jesse said. Tire pressure makes a HUGE difference. I'll never understand why places like Discount put so much air pressure in big tires. When I had my 37's put on, they had 70psi in them!! Talk about ride like a logging truck!!

#4 ·
just put air bags in the bag, like a towing rig.

#5 ·
back****

#6 ·
You need to get rid of those "custom" springs. Buy some ICON or Deaver springs and be done with it.

If you use air bags for lift, you will probably ride worse than you are now.

#7 ·
This is the truth. If you're that against blocks then Deaver is probably the best thing you'll be able to do. For what its worth, I've got a 7'' block under my factory springs and it rides pretty much like factory. I wouldn't run a 7'' block by itself, I actually have traction blocks from PMF, but none the less it helps the ride out to not have the high arched springs. I'm sure the deavers would improve it for you though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.