Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

6.7 knock

10K views 38 replies 12 participants last post by  matthewd11 
#1 ·
Stopped for a coffee tonight left my truck running and noticed it had a knock. Sounds like it is coming from the area in which the turbo is. Still builds boost, no oil coming out exhaust, not smoking. Nursed it home and noticed sound progresses with rpm and now has a squeaky sound added to it. when I shut it off the sound continuess to come from the turbo area as the turbo spools down. Truck has 6200 miles on it, spartan warhammer added , dpf delete, and egr delete done at 4000 miles. No check engine lights or codes thrown. Going to take to dealer on monday, my guess is the turbo is on its way out

#4 ·
This is the third times I heard about tubo going with the tuner installed!Please let us know how it work out.
How long is a warranty for the turbo on the 6.7 anyway ?

#5 ·
If no warranty, a stock turbo will not go back in place

#6 ·
It may not actually be the turbo, but I'm interested to see what they say. Seems like I remember someone else complaining about a knock on these trucks too

#8 ·
Started the truck today, knock is gone but now has a squel coming from the same location. Still builds full boost and runs normal, just has a squel

#10 ·
Thanks, gotta love cell phones

#11 ·
The turbo seems just adequate for what Ford was trying to do... I am sure that in the near future this turbo will remain fundamentally the same but it will be slightly upgraded so that it handles the ever changing environment encountered by most that tow with these trucks. All of the 2011 owners really are "testers", as Ford can only test and predict so much. I love turbos and this is a great idea, just undersized slightly.

#13 ·
its industial doing the compound setup using the stock charger as the "small" one... how much boost is that tune running? most i ever saw stock was low 20s and with the h&s about 30

#14 ·
My 165hp tune builds 37 the warhammer builds 41. Found the problem, it isnt the turbo. Pully behind the fan cracked

#15 ·
Scratch that, went to turn truck around in driveway and the fan, andpully fell off the, snapped the shaft that it spins on

#16 ·
Well I'm glad you found the problem. I hope it's a easy fix.

#17 ·
oh damn! with it running? hope the fan didnt tear up a bunch of crap! i would say the tune shouldnt have caused that unless the high rpms helped...? hope they get ya fixed up soon man!!

#18 ·
Tune didnt raise the rpms much at all, the front of the motor is cracked, and the radiator is leaking

#23 ·
dang man thats terrible glad their gonna get ya up and running! going to warranty it i guess? did ya leave the mods on? i never really even paid attention to what the rpms went up to stock but i know the h&s shifts around 3k and i wind mine out to around 3400 or so in manual racing somebody...

#20 ·
tune didnt cause this problem

#22 ·
thats my guess, going to dealer 7am, they say i should have it back by the weekend or monday

#24 ·
Truck is now stock, already have the part numbers to give to the dealer, and parts are in detroit

#25 ·
Drive it till sh sports the turbine wheel out. Lol those would be cool pics

#26 ·
Was misdiagnosed, the turbo is fine. the bearing for the fan assembly failed

#27 ·
Correct me if I am wrong, but i am sure my 2011 has electric fans... But you said it cracked your block? Just curious how... Do you have pictures, just so we can see what the heck happened. This seems so strange. But the new Explorer fans were failing too! They were all built in France and all of the early fans on the explorers had bad bearings.

#28 ·
took a better look today, the fan is mounted to a bracket. the bracket it broken, and the bearing failed. the fan has a electric clutch to engage it. i towed the truck to the dealer this morning, the parts are in detroit and i should have my truck back by saturday or monday

#29 ·
got a update from the dealer i mgiht have my truck back tonight or tomorrow morning

#30 ·
picked my truck up last night at 630pm, mods reinstalled last night and the coal is rolling again lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.