Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

torque converter

2K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  ohnasty1 
#1 ·
would my tc make my truck shift funny.from 1st to 2nd is fine but if you mash on it in 2nd it quickly shift to 3rd,and then goes to fourth and quickly locks into od.if i let off at cruisin speed it hit hard and starts pullin again.maybe a shift kit??the fluid looks and smells fine but im wondering if the tc could be the problem.any help is always wanted and usefull.thx

#3 ·
same,i been running stock for bout a week and mpg are great and still have the power i had,the noise was the injectors pounding more fuel i guess but im get 18mpg now without and im gonna stay stock for a bit,but the trans does the same stuff with or without,mind boggling to b honest.

#5 ·
the truck says 290,xxx,but the guy i got it from said it was rebuilt at 90,xxx by the previous owner.he pulled a dirt track car and tools with the truck,i asked for paper work and he had lost it,how convenient

#8 ·
The torque converter can't make it shift early. That's a computer problem. You need to see if any codes are stored in the PCM. The places that read codes free won't be able to do it.

#9 ·
i got the programmer that will read dtc,will that do it?will the tc make it shift from one gear to another if im already in the gear and mash the pedal

#11 ·
You need to be able to read PID data. That's live data that shows what the PCM is seeing and calculating. I've never used a programmer so I don't know what they can and can't do.

The torque converter doesn't have much of anything to do with shifting.

i scanned for dtc and got a p0603,any idea wat that is?
That means either there is a programmer or the PCM lost power recently.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.