Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Replacing fuel injector lines

42K views 26 replies 6 participants last post by  rancher1974 
#1 ·
Per the Ford shop manuals anytime you take the lines off connecting the injectors to the fuel rails, you are supposed to replace them. It says they are one time use only, although I don't see why. Do those of you that have been down this road pulling the lines for whatever reason follow this rule or do you reuse them? Those that have, if any, reused them, did you have any problems after the fact? Trying to get all my info together before I tackle pulling the heads for a stud job. I know I can get by without pulling the heads, but if I am that far into it I want to have the heads checked so I only have to do this once. From what I can find out those lines from Ford are about $375 per side. Must be made out of gold or something.

#3 ·
Bummer. Thanks for the feedback. I will ensure I do everything possible while I am in there. I hope to only have to replace them one time at that price.

#4 ·
The lines are like $24ea. If there charging you $375 a side your getting fuel rails too. Use part number 8c3z*9229*a, you need 8 of these for the lines from the rail to injectors and use part number 8c3z*9a332*b and 9c3z*9a332*a and you need 1 of each of these to go from the hpfp to the rail. If you need a list of all the needed parts for doing the heads let me know as I have done this job a few times. I have all the part numbers.

#8 ·
That iws much better. I got my prices off the ford.com parts site. I would appreciate the parts lists when you get time. No hurry though. I am just getting everything together to do the job. :bowfast:

#12 ·
I must have looked at the wrong part number. White Monster just told me he would get me the parts number list I need. He also stated he though they were about $24 each. Much better than what I saw. I was starting to think I might have to go back to work just to do this upgrade.

#14 ·
Great! Thanks. I just sent a PM to you about this.

#16 ·
Why would he need the pump cover kit? The pump cover kit is there if you are removing the hpfp and you damage the harness. To do heads the hpfp does not have to come out. If I recall it cost me about $1000can to do my heads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.